Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 09:23 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,071 times

Advertisements

Transaction date 1/24, posted 1/25. Review of orders shows that the last thing I ordered was delivered 12/30, transaction date 12/29, posted 12/30. In other words, I didn't order anything in January, yet was charged.

I guess it's a nightmare trying to contact Amazon.com. Anyone else have this issue??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 09:50 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Amazon's customer service is very easy to get in contact with, and I've always found them very helpful. They have the option to call, chat online, or email... Whatever works best for you.

I would contact them right away, as the charge might not have actually been from Amazon. It's best to get it sorted out with them so you can escalate the problem as needed, or getting a new card from your bank.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:08 AM

125 posts, read 80,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Transaction date 1/24, posted 1/25. Review of orders shows that the last thing I ordered was delivered 12/30, transaction date 12/29, posted 12/30. In other words, I didn't order anything in January, yet was charged.

I guess it's a nightmare trying to contact Amazon.com. Anyone else have this issue??
How much was the charge? Was it a Prime membership renewal?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:55 AM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I have the same dilemma. If I go to my amazon history, the 3 orders aren’t there. I strongly suspect the orders are mine, since I was buying things for Christmas then, but I’d like to know what they are.
I’m wondering if you buy something through amazon, but it’s an outside vendor, if it doesn’t show up on your history.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:09 AM

8,712 posts, read 6,753,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have the same dilemma. If I go to my amazon history, the 3 orders aren’t there. I strongly suspect the orders are mine, since I was buying things for Christmas then, but I’d like to know what they are.
I’m wondering if you buy something through amazon, but it’s an outside vendor, if it doesn’t show up on your history.
There may be some discontinuities, but if you order via Amazon, it's an Amazon order and should show up in your list of orders and transactions. I've been an Amazon seller since before 2000, and absolutely never has it been up to me to bill or charge the end customer.

If there is NO matching transaction within your account, I'd suspect one of the currently rampant fraud schemes. But look past "orders" - it could well be a Prime membership that got triggered, or something similar.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:13 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,071 times
Turns out it was a renewal of a monthly Prime membership which I do not recall requesting.

Hey Sundaydrive00, thanks for the advice. They were easy to contact as you said. I went the chat route and the representative promised to refund the charge and remove me from Prime.

Now I hope that his promises come to pass. Sounds almost too good to be true.

Makes me happy that at least I don't need to have the bank cancel the card and reissue a new one.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:59 AM

50,720 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
All your purchases should show up.

OP why are you assuming it’s a nightmare to contact them? It is very very easy. I either do chat, or check “Call me” and I get the call like 15 seconds later.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:09 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,753,680 times
Quote:
Turns out it was a renewal of a monthly Prime membership which I do not recall requesting.
There was just a longish discussion of this. It's apparently too-too easy to sign up for Prime by not unchecking a box or inadvertently choosing Prime shipping when it's offered as a come-on.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:07 PM

2,616 posts, read 3,145,723 times
Quote:

Hey Sundaydrive00, thanks for the advice. They were easy to contact as you said. I went the chat route and the representative promised to refund the charge and remove me from Prime.

Now I hope that his promises come to pass. Sounds almost too good to be true.

Makes me happy that at least I don't need to have the bank cancel the card and reissue a new one.
I had that happen too. I'm pretty sure the prime was a sneaky sale, buried in the fine print. Many people will pay without question, others complain and it gets removed. Mine was with a company credit card. Office manager asked what I'd bought from them and I hadn't recently. I think it was billed in a later cycle than my last purchase. I called and it was removed.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:25 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
I had that happen too. I'm pretty sure the prime was a sneaky sale, buried in the fine print. Many people will pay without question, others complain and it gets removed. Mine was with a company credit card. Office manager asked what I'd bought from them and I hadn't recently. I think it was billed in a later cycle than my last purchase. I called and it was removed.
If you had signed up for a free month of Prime, then yeah, you would be billed a month after your purchase.

It's not something that is buried in the fine print, nor is Amazon trying to be sneaky about it. You either clicked on the free Prime trial on the product page before adding the item to your cart, or you chose "free 2-day shipping with a free trial of prime" as your shipping option. Neither is automatically selected, you have to select it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products