U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 08:52 AM

71,382 posts, read 82,795,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Ditto! And I still haven't recovered from that thread, Have You Ever Been Food Poisoned?
I am guessing we all have once or twice and it isn't fun, but it can come from food you get at the grocery store as well, especially meat and poultry. Plus a lot of what we think is food poisoning is really stomach flu, and visa versa. But if you never, never in out only you would know for sure which it was. I just can't imagine never eating out. I can imaging never ordering food delivered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 10:58 AM

54,925 posts, read 53,709,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am guessing we all have once or twice and it isn't fun, but it can come from food you get at the grocery store as well, especially meat and poultry. Plus a lot of what we think is food poisoning is really stomach flu, and visa versa. But if you never, never in out only you would know for sure which it was. I just can't imagine never eating out. I can imaging never ordering food delivered.
I've never had food poisoning, knock on wood.

But I do order out more often now. Used to love to cook but now it's just me and there doesn't seem to be any point in getting creative.

Not that I NEVER cook for myself, I do, but I'd say I get takeout just as often as I cook for myself, and when I cook for myself, it's just a chore that has to be done so I can eat. Then I've got pots and dishes to wash, which is another chore. With takeout, I can get a nice meal that would require two or three pots and pans and an hour or more of my time if I cooked it for myself, and that seems like such a waste for me to eat alone.

I just don't enjoy cooking if I'm not cooking for someone else.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:25 AM

3,489 posts, read 2,342,798 times
My husband and I order out 2-3 times a months. Sometimes our schedules are really busy or one of the other of us is out of town on business and it becomes much more convenient.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:28 PM

26,251 posts, read 5,479,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've never had food poisoning, knock on wood.

But I do order out more often now. Used to love to cook but now it's just me and there doesn't seem to be any point in getting creative.

Not that I NEVER cook for myself, I do, but I'd say I get takeout just as often as I cook for myself, and when I cook for myself, it's just a chore that has to be done so I can eat. Then I've got pots and dishes to wash, which is another chore. With takeout, I can get a nice meal that would require two or three pots and pans and an hour or more of my time if I cooked it for myself, and that seems like such a waste for me to eat alone.

I just don't enjoy cooking if I'm not cooking for someone else.

Same here....I still like to cook but not to the extent when I was married. Usually I pick up something, a sandwich or salad at least, when I'm shopping. Cleanup is what I love to avoid!

Old 05-13-2019, 01:12 PM

3,425 posts, read 1,673,974 times
Maybe a few times a year we'll order a Marcos pizza online and pick it up. Don't really do it for other stuff because we just don't do take-out very often. We have plenty of time and if we're ordering out, I prefer to eat out.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:19 PM

1,558 posts, read 489,237 times
Weve been ordering meals from Freshly for a couple months off and on.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:19 PM

317 posts, read 67,751 times
Almost every Friday night without fail. One pizza driver pulls up in to our drive way, with a HOT, thin crust medium size with four toppings on it . YUMM..

Old 05-13-2019, 01:54 PM

23,062 posts, read 17,113,541 times
At least once a week. I'll order Panera for breakfast on my phone and take it back to the office.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:46 PM

36,734 posts, read 45,088,133 times
Maybe about once a month. Its either Chinese or pizza, and very occasionally, like twice a year, we order for pickup from a restaurant.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:28 PM

4,063 posts, read 4,739,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I do it sometimes, like about every 3-5 mos. I love when I order & can pay already & my SO (significant other) simply picks it up on his way from work. It makes things so quick & easy.

We just ordered food from Cafe Rio just now!

Any other comments about it?

Never for me, the same exact reason I do not order groceries on line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or