U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 08:17 AM

71,382 posts, read 82,795,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Re-read the OP. It was clearly about ordering meals.
Lets not get defensive now: yes, you are right.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 08:21 AM

71,382 posts, read 82,795,221 times
Well I have to admit, I am getting a delivery today from ordering on line, but it shouldn't be. The other day, last week, I got invited to re-join the Hello Fresh food delivery service with a 50% off sale. Well i checked it out, picked 3 meals that would work for us but never hit enter. At least I didn't think I did. Now, I have 3 meals coming today. Believe me, I will cancel asap. I used them a few years ago, mainly because I had a good deal with a coupon. they are not bad, but certainly not like I enjoy making . Guess I will be more careful next time I get on line just to see what someone is offering for an unbelievable price.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:35 PM

3,302 posts, read 2,983,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
2-4 times a week. Usually lunch but dinner pretty frequently too. With UberEats, DoorDash and GrubHub i can order from pretty much every restaurant in the wider area. It saves me a lot of time and gives me more choices. Happy to pay for that.

This.

Old Today, 07:46 AM

5,340 posts, read 8,025,956 times
Re: food poisoning, I believe I've gotten a minor form of it once or twice...threw up, had a stomachache, & a liquidy #2...tried not to say it in a disgusting way. I was pretty fine the next day & didn't have to go to the doctor or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
If you mean ordering a meal for pick up then usually every Tuesday. It's my crazy busy day so online works for me. I personally hate calling in an order. I think online is faster and more accurate.

Now if you mean groceries then a few times a year. If you mean food I can't get locally, crisps from The UK for example, then maybe every other month or so.
Right! I'd rather order it online myself where I can click on my own buttons & type my own info MUCH, MUCH rather than talk to someone who may be 1/2 paying attention in a noisey background, & possibly not writing down the right things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The problem with food delivey services is that they have been increasingly using so called 'Dark Kitchens'.

Which are kitchen on industrial estates and other such locations where food is massed produced.

Does your dinner come from a 'dark kitchen'? - BBC News
Interesting...never heard of the term. Thanks for sharing. I always pick my meals up from the restaurant itself, so probably no chance of this for me personally. And sometimes when I go in to pick it up, they're making it as I'm walking in, so I see it being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Order food online? Are you referring to groceries or prepared cooked food?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
OP cited Cafe Rio which is a fast casual restaurant chain serving Mexican cuisine. So I took it to mean lunch/dinner and not groceries. Cafe Rio doesnt sell you a box of corn flakes or a gallon of milk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Re-read the OP. It was clearly about ordering meals.
Right, I specifically meant ordering RESTAURANT food online. Now I always pick mine up, but if you have it delivered, fine. It seems that most of you could tell what I meant. If some of you thought I meant grocery store food such as produce, then no problem!

Old Today, 07:40 PM

499 posts, read 1,486,162 times
I've ordered online to have food delivered via Door Dash from restaurants that are local to my elderly parents. (They live 800 miles away from me.) It's a great service and my parents (who no longer drive) love receiving the deliveries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or