Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 08:43 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,077,598 times

Advertisements

Cloudy Dayz

You do not have to call them to get more time. You can do it online if you have computer access. You can look up the different plans available. You probably would want to look up the "basic plan" category. I always get the 60 minutes for 90 days for $19.99 plus tax. If you would like to continue with the 30 day plan you can set up auto refill and I believe you save a $1.00 each month. The online process is very easy to do and I have never had any problems with it.

You could also go to a store and by a tracfone minutes card. They are available in drug stores, grocery stores department stores etc. It has a pin number on the card and you can add the minutes to your phone yourself. That is also easy.

It is a pain to have to talk to someone in customer service. It is much easier to do one of the above.

By the way, you will get an alert from tracfone when your time is about to run out. I found that if you wait until a few days before the expiration date they will often send you a code to use that will give you something like 20 extra minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 04:34 AM

30,408 posts, read 21,222,541 times
I don't need mins i need service days.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:53 AM

15,413 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
Cloudy Dayz

You do not have to call them to get more time. You can do it online if you have computer access. You can look up the different plans available. You probably would want to look up the "basic plan" category. I always get the 60 minutes for 90 days for $19.99 plus tax. If you would like to continue with the 30 day plan you can set up auto refill and I believe you save a $1.00 each month. The online process is very easy to do and I have never had any problems with it.

You could also go to a store and by a tracfone minutes card. They are available in drug stores, grocery stores department stores etc. It has a pin number on the card and you can add the minutes to your phone yourself. That is also easy.

It is a pain to have to talk to someone in customer service. It is much easier to do one of the above.

By the way, you will get an alert from tracfone when your time is about to run out. I found that if you wait until a few days before the expiration date they will often send you a code to use that will give you something like 20 extra minutes.
Thanks but that's not exactly the way it works for me. I don't get any alerts when my time is about run out, or any offers. I just see a countdown to zero service days, nothing more. I do get a text message after I add minutes.

I would buy a Tracfone Minutes Card, but there is just one problem. The service is through Tracfone, but my card is charged as Safelink Wireless. Would Safelink even accept a Tracfone Minutes Card? Maybe they would, but I'm not going to waste money on a card, until I'm sure I can use it.

I have noted the Tracfone link that was posted. When I need to add time in a few weeks, I'll try using the website and see if I can add minutes that way. If that works, maybe I will try using a Tracfone Minutes Card in the future.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You need to buy minutes to get service days. Otherwise your service stops and you lose any minutes you have.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:42 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
Quote:
Then get the 90 day/60 min card for $19.99. As already stated, you can get them at lots of different retailers around town. I usually get mine at Safeway or Walmart. Extends your service 90 days for under $7/mo.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:31 PM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Quote:
TracFone is the largest no-contract cellular provider in the United States. They offer cheap phones with the ability to add airtime to them based on your budget. Depending on the amount of airtime you purchase, you receive service days ranging from 90 to 365 days. To extend those service days you must purchase or add additional airtime, which can be done online or directly from your TracFone. This will ensure that your service is not interrupted and that you can continue to make and receive phone calls.

Buying Airtime and Service Days Online

Step 1

Go to TracFone.com and click on the green "Activate Phone, Add or Buy Airtime" button.

Step 2

Scroll over the "Buy Airtime" button and click on "Buy Airtime Online."

Select the amount of airtime you want to purchase to extend your TracFone airtime and service days, and enter in your TracFone number. Click "Continue" and follow the instructions to complete your purchase. Your airtime will be added and your service date extended.

Adding Airtime and Service Days Online

Step 1

Go to Tracfone.com and click on the green "Activate Phone, Add or Buy Airtime" button.

Step 2

Click on "Add Airtime," then select "Add Airtime Online" by clicking the "Go" button under that section.

Step 3

Enter the Airtime PIN Number on the back of the airtime card your purchased, followed by your TracFone number. Click "Submit."

Follow the instructions to complete the addition of airtime and service days to your TracFone.

Adding Airtime and Service Days from Your TracFone

Step 1

Go to the "Prepaid Menu" from the main TracFone screen.

Step 2

Choose the "Reedem Airtime" option.

Enter the Airtime PIN Number on the back of the airtime card that you purchased to add airtime and service days to your TracFone.

Tips

You can purchase TracFone airtime cards across the country at groceries, convenience stores such as Walgreen's, and retail stores like Target.
TracFone offers cards for double minutes and promotions, such as for bonus minutes.
Items you will need

TracFone Airtime Card
VIDEO OF THE DAY

Volume 0%

Brought to you by Techwalla
Brought to you by Techwalla
by TaboolaSponsored Links
You May Like
See the Mid-Engined 2020 Chevy Corvette from Every Angle
Car and Driver
California: 7 Surprising Discounts Seniors Only Get If They Ask
Refinance24x7
References
About the Author
Photo Credits
More Articles

How to Add Minutes to a T-Mobile Phone
How to Activate Call Tones to Boost ...
How to Activate an AT&T GoPhone SIM ...
How to Reactivate an Old SIM Card
How to Access My Vonage Account Online
How to Add Minutes to My Prepaid Phone
How to Check My MetroPCS Account
How to Unlock a Mobile ZTE
How to Set a Motorola Droid Outgoing ...

Old 08-19-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Then get the 90 day/60 min card for $19.99. As already stated, you can get them at lots of different retailers around town. I usually get mine at Safeway or Walmart. Extends your service 90 days for under $7/mo.
There is one possible problem with that. The OPs service, like my service is through SafeLink Wireless which is a service of Tracfone, that provides free Lifeline cell phone service. Which they seem to like to discontinue for some reason. I don't believe that SafeLink Wireless offers a 90 day, 60 min card for $19.99.

When my service runs out, I'm going to try and buy minutes through the Tracfone website, but I'm not sure that is going to work or not, or if it will work for the OP.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:45 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
There is one possible problem with that. The OPs service, like my service is through SafeLink Wireless which is a service of Tracfone, that provides free Lifeline cell phone service. Which they seem to like to discontinue for some reason. I don't believe that SafeLink Wireless offers a 90 day, 60 min card for $19.99.

When my service runs out, I'm going to try and buy minutes through the Tracfone website, but I'm not sure that is going to work or not, or if it will work for the OP.
There is no possible problem with that. The title of this thread is " How to add mins to a trakphone?" and that is what I addressed. I don't know or care anything about SafeLink.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
There is no possible problem with that. The title of this thread is " How to add mins to a trakphone?" and that is what I addressed. I don't know or care anything about SafeLink.
The first post makes it clear the service is through SafeLink. I hope you are right that a Tracfone Card will work with SafeLink, but I'm not convinced. They have different plans. For example SafeLink offers no plan over 30 days.

Quote:
My sister is in a nursing home and i have no clue how to add mins to her trakfone. It was a Obama phone thru safe link and she has had to pay for the service the last 3 years.

It says i have 18 service days left. She would go on line and get like 3000 mins for very cheap, but i don't even have a cell phone or know how she did it.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 08-19-2019 at 08:04 PM..

Old 08-21-2019, 04:28 AM

30,408 posts, read 21,222,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The first post makes it clear the service is through SafeLink. I hope you are right that a Tracfone Card will work with SafeLink, but I'm not convinced. They have different plans. For example SafeLink offers no plan over 30 days.
My sister got 80 days somehow. She is in a nursing home and not able to do it now. I will get it going this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products