Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 12:53 AM

15,264 posts, read 8,883,700 times

Advertisements

Okay my 20 year old Black & Decker toaster oven is about to give out. It's literally falling apart. I'm really happy with the Black & Decker. It has lasted me along time. I would love to get another Black & Decker toaster oven, but the problem is that I'm finding they are all way too big. I have a limited amount of counter space for it, and I don't need to toast six or eight slices of bread all at the same time.

So these are the models I'm looking at:

1. Panasonic FlashXpress Compact Toaster Oven. The pros: it's about the same dimensions as my old Black & Decker. So the size is perfect. Cons: It's more expensive then the Black & Decker, and the quality doesn't look any better.

2. Black & Decker 6-Slice Digital Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, Stainless Steel, TO3280SSD
or Black & Decker 02648008504 Countertop Convection Toaster Oven, Silver, CTO6335S
Pros: the prices and quality looks good. Cons: Way over sized. I don't want it to take up that much counter space.

Does anybody have any experience with these models or suggestions for other models?

I have a couple more requirements, I want push button controls. Because, well, this is the 2020s, not the 1970s. I'm not looking for anything retro. Also I do often use the toaster oven to make single slices of self-rising pizza. My current toaster oven has a setting for self-rising pizza that works great. I would like a feature like that on the new toaster oven. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 09:19 AM

5,431 posts, read 8,116,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Okay my 20 year old Black & Decker toaster oven is about to give out. It's literally falling apart. I'm really happy with the Black & Decker. It has lasted me along time. I would love to get another Black & Decker toaster oven, but the problem is that I'm finding they are all way too big. I have a limited amount of counter space for it, and I don't need to toast six or eight slices of bread all at the same time.

So these are the models I'm looking at:

1. Panasonic FlashXpress Compact Toaster Oven. The pros: it's about the same dimensions as my old Black & Decker. So the size is perfect. Cons: It's more expensive then the Black & Decker, and the quality doesn't look any better.
I highly recommend the Panasonic. I used mine for 6 years. It is now in storage. I replaced it with a much larger combination toaster oven/air fryer for the added convenience of the fryer, not because I was dissatisfied with the Panasonic.

Old 06-04-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I highly recommend the Panasonic. I used mine for 6 years. It is now in storage. I replaced it with a much larger combination toaster oven/air fryer for the added convenience of the fryer, not because I was dissatisfied with the Panasonic.
Okay, thanks for the recommendation. That's the one I'm leaning towards. Just because it's the only one that really fits my requirements. I'm happy to hear it worked well for you.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:24 AM

14 posts, read 10,109 times
I recommend Nostalgia BST3AQ 3-in-1, I bought this toaster oven for my mom because she actually uses all three of these ingredients on her toaster everyday. 3 in 1. It saves the kitchen counter space tool

Old 01-19-2022, 10:51 AM

20,680 posts, read 8,441,826 times
It may not work for the OP but this is great for small spaces and looks so cute! Love mine. This company, Dash, has lots of small appliances of all kinds. Not everything in the US has to be giant sized! I toast a croissant everyday and couldn't do without it.

https://bydash.com/collections/all

Old 01-22-2022, 12:17 AM

15,116 posts, read 32,205,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It may not work for the OP but this is great for small spaces and looks so cute! Love mine. This company, Dash, has lots of small appliances of all kinds. Not everything in the US has to be giant sized! I toast a croissant everyday and couldn't do without it.

What do you use? I've been looking for something small to toast a bagel or English muffin.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:15 PM

20,680 posts, read 8,441,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
What do you use? I've been looking for something small to toast a bagel or English muffin.
You're in luck. My mini toaster oven is on sale plus if you sign up at the pop up window you get 10% off. I'm tempted to buy a spare! I've had mine for two years and use it everyday.

https://bydash.com/products/mini-toaster-oven

They also have two others that are larger.

Old 01-23-2022, 12:31 AM

15,116 posts, read 32,205,587 times
Quote:
You're in luck. My mini toaster oven is on sale plus if you sign up at the pop up window you get 10% off. I'm tempted to buy a spare! I've had mine for two years and use it everyday.

https://bydash.com/products/mini-toaster-oven

They also have two others that are larger.
That wouldn't work for me, because it's not a multi-use appliance. When my toaster broke, I didn't replace it, I just started using my toaster oven. I'll just continue to use that for toasting and cooking, in addition to my stove.

Last edited by moved; 01-23-2022 at 12:50 AM..

Old 01-26-2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielyay91 View Post
I recommend Nostalgia BST3AQ 3-in-1, I bought this toaster oven for my mom because she actually uses all three of these ingredients on her toaster everyday. 3 in 1. It saves the kitchen counter space tool
Yeah, I don't need most of that, and like I said, I'm not looking for anything retro. I just want a modern compact toaster oven with push buttons. The Panasonic FlashXpress Compact Toaster Oven is what I need. I haven't bought it yet, and I'm kind of kicking myself for that. Back when I started this thread, I was procrastinating on buying the Panasonic, because I thought the price was a bit too much and I was looking for a lower price. But now the price has shot up $50.

I will probably just have to bite the bullet and buy it soon. Just this morning my 20 year old toaster oven burned up two croissants, even though I had it set on the normal settings, and it almost burned the third even while I was watching it through the glass.

The Panasonic is the only one that meets my needs, but thanks for the suggestion.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'm looking for something compact, but that might be a little too small for me. I kind of hate the colors too. It would be nice if they had that in black or silver. But the price is tempting.

I do love Dash products though. I have a Dash Mini Griddle and a Dash Mini Rice Cooker, which I use both a lot. The griddle is just big enough to cook one egg. Actually two, but two tend to overflow and cause a mess. Dash products are great for cooking small servings without creating too big a mess to clean up. As much as I love Dash products and my George Foreman Grill, one problem with mini appliances that you clean with paper towels, it that it really runs up my paper towel bill, and I use a lot of paper towels to begin with. I know there are other solutions to using paper towels, but those just create more mess that I don't want to deal with.

I'll think more about the Dash Mini Toaster Oven. I might just add that to me collection of Dash appliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products