U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2022, 01:46 PM
 
2,096 posts, read 3,986,604 times
Reputation: 1841

Advertisements

Have a few questions:


1.
What companies have you purchased from..I am looking at Tree Time and King of Christmas site. Balsam Fir seems pricey for same type of trees. I prefer the realistic PE branched vs PVC. So please tell me where you shopped!

2.
I have always had a 9-10 ft tree in a room with a cathedral ceiling. Thinking of going with a 7.5 ft but will it look weird or too small? Fullness about 60".

3. Thinking of LED lights vs incandescent ones. Multi color that changes to clear and back with controller. Any feedback on LED Christmas lights?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2022, 02:30 PM
 
Location: on the wind
19,411 posts, read 13,022,507 times
Reputation: 63337
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
2.
I have always had a 9-10 ft tree in a room with a cathedral ceiling. Thinking of going with a 7.5 ft but will it look weird or too small? Fullness about 60".

3. Thinking of LED lights vs incandescent ones. Multi color that changes to clear and back with controller. Any feedback on LED Christmas lights?
What's the height of your cathedral ceiling? Pretty hard to comment without knowing that.

Here's one height guide:

https://www.balsamhill.com/how-to-ch...as-tree-height

You could always put a shorter tree on some sort of stand covered by a skirt.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2022, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Johns Creek, GA
16,638 posts, read 61,397,687 times
Reputation: 21729
No need for monstrous trees or lights-
Attached Thumbnails
Artificial Christmas Trees you have purchased-charlie-brown-xmas-tree.jpg  
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2022, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Paradise
3,814 posts, read 3,207,189 times
Reputation: 5976
The four trees I have were bought at Walmart, Home Depot, Amazon, and one from a local "card" store that was closing.

But I will admit, someday I would love to have a Balsam Hill tree!!

LED lights are the way to go really. They don't burn as hot so are "safer" and cheaper to keep lit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2022, 04:11 PM
 
Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
40,546 posts, read 72,397,582 times
Reputation: 49905
We are using ours for the 4th year, and it's still like new. We got it from Amazon, but also got a nice wheeled storage bag for it. It was fake Fir tree, and came in 3 sections, easy to fold up and take apart.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2022, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Berkeley Neighborhood, Denver, CO USA
17,190 posts, read 27,300,567 times
Reputation: 31634
Costco.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2022, 04:26 PM
 
2,247 posts, read 2,043,444 times
Reputation: 5390
I bought this one a few years ago and am really impressed by how realistic and well made it is. They offer a lot of different sizes and styles.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2022, 09:26 AM
 
Location: NJ
22,498 posts, read 30,064,115 times
Reputation: 27348
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
The four trees I have were bought at Walmart, Home Depot, Amazon, and one from a local "card" store that was closing.

But I will admit, someday I would love to have a Balsam Hill tree!!

LED lights are the way to go really. They don't burn as hot so are "safer" and cheaper to keep lit.

I wish I could remember where I got my tree, it's from Walmart or Target. Bought when my hub and I first started dating, he bought one too. I look at tree prices, kick myself for letting him talk me into donating one tree instead of saving for the kids when we moved in June. They're so expensive. My outside tree went too which I loved.

It's a great looking tree, like the one above at amazon. No prelit. It's 22 years old. Still in great shape. Wish I had the box here I'd look for the company. It's about 7 foot tall. I don't think I paid more than $100 something.

Last edited by Roselvr; 11-30-2022 at 09:35 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2022, 09:35 AM
 
9,486 posts, read 12,705,988 times
Reputation: 20135
Bought a Balsam Hill tree and it will be the last tree I ever buy. So easy to put together and it looks great every single year. I got the realistic Fraser fir. I loved it so much, I bought Balsam Hill wreaths for all of my windows.

The key is to buy them on sale in the off season. Feb-Mar is a good time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2022, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Kirkland, WA (Metro Seattle)
6,012 posts, read 5,431,256 times
Reputation: 12433
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Have a few questions:


1.
What companies have you purchased from..I am looking at Tree Time and King of Christmas site. Balsam Fir seems pricey for same type of trees. I prefer the realistic PE branched vs PVC. So please tell me where you shopped!

2.
I have always had a 9-10 ft tree in a room with a cathedral ceiling. Thinking of going with a 7.5 ft but will it look weird or too small? Fullness about 60".

3. Thinking of LED lights vs incandescent ones. Multi color that changes to clear and back with controller. Any feedback on LED Christmas lights?
I bought a Balsam Hill in 2019. First tree I've had as an adult, not being the sentimental type. Bought one that matched my decor. Pulled the receipt: Classic White, Height 4.5', Lights: Candlelight Clear LED.

It's gorgeous but a lot of expense to justify. I went that way due to the junk my father used to put up when we were kids and how tacky it looked. The parents didn't care or not that I heard of. I don't do tacky.

Can't address height, I don't find >6' interesting.

And yes LED lights seem to be the bomb. Total time to setup w/base plate and skirt (that fits my table): about 30 min. Including ornaments...of which I have a few that are new and sentimental. Rest are boilerplate red and silver, as I do like that look with white.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top