Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:13 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
No kids but I tend to wander in Home Depot and Lowes too. I always have a project going. And I like to check out stuff so I know whats out there to use for my next "project".

BTW. Single peeps take note. I am always getting hit on in Home Depot. Not so much in Lowes tho.
Nobody hits on me at work here at Lowe's either. (Sniffle, sniffle)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 05:00 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Nobody hits on me at work here at Lowe's either. (Sniffle, sniffle)!
Im sorry. Maybe you need to go to Home Depot???

I kid you not. Ill be in there minding my own business concentrating on picking out lumber or scoping out tools and some guy will come up out of nowhere and get all chatty and offer to help me. Im usually dressed for the occasion paint dirt and all. So its not like Im all gussied up to go to Home Depot.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:28 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Im sorry. Maybe you need to go to Home Depot???

I kid you not. Ill be in there minding my own business concentrating on picking out lumber or scoping out tools and some guy will come up out of nowhere and get all chatty and offer to help me. Im usually dressed for the occasion paint dirt and all. So its not like Im all gussied up to go to Home Depot.
Hmmm...I suppose our little nickname at Lowe's of the "Homo" Depot really doesn't have much merit to it if female customers are being picked up there by men left and right. Come to think of it, there has indeed been a guy coming into work bi-weekly or so who searches for me and chit-chats as if he's known me for years; I'm waiting for him to give me his number already so I can turn him down! LOL!

Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
So how do you shop? Are you a lone-wolf, like me or are you a buddy-shopper? What do you like about your way?
I'm absolutely with you on all counts! I don't mind window-shopping with other people, but when it comes to real shopping I don't want anybody around. Same goes for grocery shopping. I know a woman who HAS to go for groceries with her husband as he insists on it and also make all the "decisions" what is to be bought... I don't care if they guy is an angel in all other respects (which he isn't)... I can't possibly stand him for a day!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:50 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
It all depends in what kind of "mood" I am in for the day, and WHAT buddy of mine will be coming with me.
Very few people I know, have the endurance to go shopping with me, because it is an all day event....really.
I wish, my one friend would be living closer....because she is so much fun to go shopping with.

Here is a funny story, just to show, on how funny it can truly be to go shopping with a close friend...
My friend "Smoop" (her nickname) and I went shopping for the day, going into this upscale consignment store in Scranton/PA.
We were looking around, trying on tons of clothes....pretty much making a day trip out of it.
All of the sudden, she comes running up to me, holding up a cute purse, saying :"This is the purse I was looking for....I will definitely buy this one, but can't find a price on it ?!".
She opened it up, saying:"Oh, wow...it even comes with cigarettes, blush and lipstick.....?????"

Comes to find out, it was the purse of a fellow shopper, having it hung over a display rack, since her arms were full with items....ROTFL
ROTFL.....needless to say, did we laugh so hard....and my friend just wanted to leave as fast as we were able to.
We are still laughing about it up to this day...because it is so original......hysterical.
With her, I would go shopping any time, any day...otherwise, I'd rather do it by myself.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
BTW. Single peeps take note. I am always getting hit on in Home Depot. Not so much in Lowes tho.
LOL, I wasn't sure the other day if I got a compliment in HD or the guy's wife is gonna get a new perfume! Instead of saying he liked my fragrance, the guy asked me about its name. I said Prada. Then he goes - Prada by whom? He knew his stuff! I said - Prada by Prada (well, that's what it was). He was a bit flirtatious in an oldish-guy hopeless kind of way, so I'm guessing the lady of the house ain't getting it...

Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,811,786 times
I hate to go shopping with other people. I don't find it fun at all and don't really want anyone else's opinion but my own (unless I ask for it). There are times, however, when I'm talked into going shopping with a friend or family member.

If I'm at a mall with someone else who's willing to split up, we'll go our separate ways and agree to meet at a certain time and place.

I especially hate shopping when my granchildren are present as I feel like I need to keep a constant eye on them, and I find it not only nerve-wracking but distracting from the reason I'm there in the first place (i.e. to SHOP).

Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
If I'm at a mall with someone else who's willing to split up, we'll go our separate ways and agree to meet at a certain time and place.
Divide and conquer the mall. I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products