U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 PM

351 posts, read 1,295,045 times
Default Transitional Lenses

I was in the market for a good pair of Transitional eyeware. What brand can I buy from personal experiences only would be a good buy. I looking in the price range under $100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 11:33 AM

835 posts, read 1,908,716 times
Do you mean the Transitions photosensitive lenses? As far as I know, they're only available in prescription glasses. I've got them in mine, but they cost quite a bit more than $100 with my prescription, unfortunately.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:48 PM

They offer a broad range of photochromic/photochromatic non prescription lenses for under a $100.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:42 AM

13,244 posts, read 7,676,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Do you mean the Transitions photosensitive lenses? As far as I know, they're only available in prescription glasses. I've got them in mine, but they cost quite a bit more than $100 with my prescription, unfortunately.
That is correct. They are available only with prescription glasses. Even with insurance, you are looking at an average cost of $300.00 a pair. At least here in Mass. it costs that much!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:57 AM

*Photochromic Lens - SHOP.COM
Heres a link to photochromic/transitional glasses non-perscription thats on the market for sale.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:37 PM

650 posts, read 1,961,727 times
I have them with mine, and with the insurance they ran over $400. Only cost me $72 out of pocket, and yes they only come with prescription lenses.

Mine work pretty good, but they don't work when you are inside a vehicle (which is unfortunately when I need them the most because of really bright light on some days). The mostly change shades outside, depending on lighting conditions, and how dark you wanted them.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:36 PM

My eyes must be playing tricks on me because I link a site that sell non perscription photochromic/transitional glasses. Bobsters being one that sells them under $100. Transitional and photochromic are not the same?

Old 06-29-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo2lowkey View Post
My eyes must be playing tricks on me because I link a site that sell non perscription photochromic/transitional glasses. Bobsters being one that sells them under $100. Transitional and photochromic are not the same?
I just clicked on your link and to me, photochromic and transitional lenses are one and the same. "Transitions" is just a reg. trade mark for the company that makes certain photchromic lenses. That's what I got out of reading. If you don't need glasses, why would you just not wear sunglasses? I sure wish I could just put on a pair of regular sunglasses!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:58 AM

tamiznluv

I work outdoors in various lighting conditions, so I rather prefer some glasses that will allow me to only have one pair. I'm wanting to buy a pair off the internet but a little hesitate. I want to buy the right pair that will soot my needs, to avoid having to mail them back. As I can see the market for these glasses isn't popular at the moment.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo2lowkey View Post
tamiznluv

I work outdoors in various lighting conditions, so I rather prefer some glasses that will allow me to only have one pair. I'm wanting to buy a pair off the internet but a little hesitate. I want to buy the right pair that will soot my needs, to avoid having to mail them back. As I can see the market for these glasses isn't popular at the moment.
Hey, Boo. If you have various lighting conditions outside then I would strongly recommend the transition lenses. They really are great for being outdoors. I don't even realize they are darkening up most of the time until I go inside and then they change again so quickly. I have been wearing Transitions(tm) since they first came out over 20 years ago? Do you wear glasses? I'm sorry, I forgot. I thought you were looking for non prescription glasses. Is that correct? If that is the case I would go for it. They may not be popular with people who don't need glasses because they wear just regular sunglasses. LOL needing bifocals in my old age, I would never go without my Transitions(tm)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products