Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:54 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times

Advertisements

lilypad....
C'mon now, please tell us how you really feelLOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:24 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
lilypad....
C'mon now, please tell us how you really feelLOL

Always tell it like it is......

Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
WalMart will have to change A LOT more than a logo for me to ever walk into their filthy, noisy, crowded, cheap china sh*t store again. Am I too bitter?
I think it may depend on the area a particular Walmart is located, lilypad. Of course they all have the cheap Chinese stuff but I have been to many Walmarts in Mass. and Texas and the cleanliness and friendliness does really vary. Thank goodness my "home" Walmart is clean and the workers really do try and keep the store nice. I've been to others within a few miles distance and I will never set foot in them again. Filthy. It's just "location, location, location"!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I think it may depend on the area a particular Walmart is located, lilypad. Of course they all have the cheap Chinese stuff but I have been to many Walmarts in Mass. and Texas and the cleanliness and friendliness does really vary. Thank goodness my "home" Walmart is clean and the workers really do try and keep the store nice. I've been to others within a few miles distance and I will never set foot in them again. Filthy. It's just "location, location, location"!

I will tell you I went into one WalMart several years ago in Eastern Oregon (LaGrande?) and it was VERY clean and new looking. I remember how shiny the black and white floor tiles were. The workers helpful and friendly, nice soft music playing overhead, there were REAL flowers in the bathroom!! Felt like an out of body experience....

Old 07-08-2008, 12:48 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,897,830 times
This is news?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:55 PM

311 posts, read 1,058,164 times
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/216813/7d/www.walmart.com/i/catalog/modules/G0040/walmart_logo2.gif (broken link)

Nothing extraordinary.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:19 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
This is news?

in the shopping forum, it is.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-08-2008, 07:18 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I will tell you I went into one WalMart several years ago in Eastern Oregon (LaGrande?) and it was VERY clean and new looking. I remember how shiny the black and white floor tiles were. The workers helpful and friendly, nice soft music playing overhead, there were REAL flowers in the bathroom!! Felt like an out of body experience....
My first Walmart experience was somewherre around Beaumont, Texas. This was back in the 80's and I had heard of walmart but there weren't any in the East yet. I loved it! The prices were so cheap! I came home raving about walmart and how I hoped they would come here someday. Be careful what you wish for....you may get it! I never imagined one store would change everything I knew and grew up with! All the mom and pop stores disappeared, even the "big" stores like Bradlees, Zayer's and Ames (to name a few) folded because of Walmart!!! I sorely miss Bradlees. They had decent quality at a decent price. "Mrs. B", I'm sorry I wished for Walmart!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My first Walmart experience was somewherre around Beaumont, Texas. This was back in the 80's and I had heard of walmart but there weren't any in the East yet. I loved it! The prices were so cheap! I came home raving about walmart and how I hoped they would come here someday. Be careful what you wish for....you may get it! I never imagined one store would change everything I knew and grew up with! All the mom and pop stores disappeared, even the "big" stores like Bradlees, Zayer's and Ames (to name a few) folded because of Walmart!!! I sorely miss Bradlees. They had decent quality at a decent price. "Mrs. B", I'm sorry I wished for Walmart!!!!

Another reason why I no longer shop at WalMart.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:21 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Yes. The new logo will have workers hiding behind the letters so you can't find them when you need a price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products