U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:15 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,359,622 times

Advertisements

When I look for a "best" store, I'm looking for a place with friendly and helpful associates, a "thank you" at the end of the transaction, clean and uncluttered aisles, stocked shelves, and not a lot of loud noise.

When I think of a "worst" store, I'm talking about many rude or negative associates and customers (they can really feed off each other,) dirty and cluttered aisles, empty shelves, blaring music, dirty produce...you get the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 AM

96 posts, read 557,245 times
They're all about the same to me

Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,067,050 times
I went to one here in Omaha and when I pulled up shopping carts were all over the place. I went inside and me and a friend were buying notebooks and a refill of label tape. The asiles were cramped and crowded, and the store was loud and bleak with the high cement and steel ceilings. We got what we needed and brang it up to the cashier. Because I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart my friend was going to pay, and we started counting notebooks. I miscounted and tried to correct my friend's count as I re-counted. Then the cashier rudley told me that I was wrong. No smile, just a look of disgust on her face. She rang us up and we left without so much as a goodbye. SO GLAD I don't shop there.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:04 AM

15 posts, read 30,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMover08 View Post
They're all about the same to me

Yeah really..... I mean some have that super walmart thing going with groceries, but they are all the same.

I will not go to wal-mart ever since I saw the movie "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices"

WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price

Old 07-12-2008, 11:49 AM

3,887 posts, read 8,855,544 times
I've never been to a great or even good Walmart; they all sucked (ive spoken like a true Target employee). One that really stands out in my mind is in Forest Park, Illinois....talk about nasty and rude

Old 07-12-2008, 11:58 AM

208 posts, read 546,384 times
I've been to some sucky Wal-Marts, but they didn't seem any worse than the K-Marts or the Ames they replaced.

In my local area, the Wal-Marts are clean and well stocked. The original smaller Wal-Marts were pretty bad though, sort of like K-Mart and Ames..lol.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:20 PM

4,229 posts, read 15,560,510 times
We don't have any Targets around here, the nearest one is 35 miles away so most residents in our city shop at the Wal-Mat Supercenter. I hate it there, the store is so bleak. Aisles have boxes for stocking etc. When ever I go to Target there so store is so inviting and smells great!

Target blows the doors off wal-mart any day!

Old 07-12-2008, 12:42 PM

658 posts, read 661,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummus View Post
Yeah really..... I mean some have that super walmart thing going with groceries, but they are all the same.

I will not go to wal-mart ever since I saw the movie "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices"

WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price
Just watched the trailer. I already knew they sucked the life out of communities, but I didn't know about some other things. I will confirm them and then pass along the link.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:57 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,018,131 times
Our WalMart is clean and good enough. But really, do you find helpful people, that you can actually locate while you are shopping anywhere these days? Good customer service is dying out everywhere!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:59 PM

19,117 posts, read 19,973,511 times
All the WalMart's in pur area are neat, clean and have very helpful employee's. Oh, and they didn't put any Mom N Pop stores out of business either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products