Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is overall better?
iPod 23 58.97%
Zune 7 17.95%
other (explain) 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 AM

371 posts, read 1,102,081 times

Advertisements

Which is better the iPod or Zune or other. Give examples, details, adds, photos, and opinion. Please explain if you voted

Last edited by NYCBoy1212; 08-07-2008 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 AM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/music...-you-have.html

Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 AM

763 posts, read 2,252,561 times
I own both an iPod and a Sansa player. The Sansa is great in that I can drop and drag onto a Micro SD card and I'm ready to go, plus it has voice recorder. The iPod feels sturdier and I like the interface better.

If I were to buy a new one, it would be the Sansa.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:52 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,944,208 times
I think it's not just about the player. It's about the entire distribution channel from finding the music to buying the music to downloading the music to enjoying the music. Apple seems to be the only guys who have really figured that out in an easy-to-use way.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:48 AM

284 posts, read 693,828 times
I have a zune but i hate the software that came with it i love itunes way better but i love the zune it is easy to use like the ipod and holds just as much and i can sync my library to it wirelessly and i love that i has 3 ipods in about a year all broke had one zune for a year and i actually droped it and it is still fine dont know if it is me or the device i think the device i took better care of the ipods.
well u got my opinion on it i will actually buy another zune but they need to fix there music softwear it sucks i would rather use windows media player

Old 08-08-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
I have a zune but i hate the software that came with it i love itunes way better but i love the zune it is easy to use like the ipod and holds just as much and i can sync my library to it wirelessly and i love that i has 3 ipods in about a year all broke had one zune for a year and i actually droped it and it is still fine dont know if it is me or the device i think the device i took better care of the ipods.
well u got my opinion on it i will actually buy another zune but they need to fix there music softwear it sucks i would rather use windows media player
I thinks u though because the zune is large and clunky and you dropping it like has armor on but how does your ipod break if you dropped unless youre talking about the old ipods with moving parts but otherwise how can they break unless you flung to the ground.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:39 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,216,338 times
I use my treo 700p. It stores my tunes on an sd card. I use a plantronics wireless headset or plug the reo into speakers. I don't need anything else.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:10 PM

8,873 posts, read 13,837,939 times
We all have iPods in my house. Didn't even bother shopping other brands because gives us a quality product, lots of music choices and there are lots of forums and support out there if you need to work out a problem with them.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:41 AM

1,095 posts, read 3,985,167 times
I really like the iPod (my iPhone, actually) but I can't stand iTunes. It seems really slow to respond and it's difficult to change information about individual tracks, such as song titles, artists, albums, etc. I have a hard time importing album covers for more than one song at a time, and the app hangs up and freezes more than it should.

I haven't tried to purchase or download music using it, so maybe it's better at that than it is at ripping CDs, but I'm not impressed with it. I have not tried a Zune, but I like the idea of being able to sync with an SD card.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptowner View Post
I really like the iPod (my iPhone, actually) but I can't stand iTunes. It seems really slow to respond and it's difficult to change information about individual tracks, such as song titles, artists, albums, etc. I have a hard time importing album covers for more than one song at a time, and the app hangs up and freezes more than it should.

I haven't tried to purchase or download music using it, so maybe it's better at that than it is at ripping CDs, but I'm not impressed with it. I have not tried a Zune, but I like the idea of being able to sync with an SD card.
Its not that it seems slow it is probably tour computer because i know alot of people who say it works fine. Its not difficult to change information just right click the song got to get info and click the info type and change the information. You can get album art for all the songs at the same time just go to your library go to advance and click get album artwork for some albums it wont get it because the name of a song or album , etc is different from the city (example: album on the cd says artist name featuring somebody but on itunes it just has the name of the artist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics