Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 01:25 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times

Advertisements

Back atcha, MB2..Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 12:36 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Back atcha, MB2..Thanks
LOL

I agree with a lot which was mentioned already in previous posts, about the do's and dont's in conduct, concerning customers as well as retail clerks (or "retail warriors", as Paul likes to call them.....LOL.)

I have one more thing to add, which I haven't read or seen addressed here....yet.
As many know, do I work for a major supermarket chain here in the south (in the meat department, nonetheless )
I experienced now all to often, that customers ask for my "professional opinion" concerning different cuts of meat, cooking, preparation, government laws and regulations etc.
All to often, they question, debate, rebuff or start arguing about what I've said to them !
Either they indirectly call me a "liar", or they will question me, if I really "know" what I am talking about, or if I am making "something up".
And the weirdest thing of all is, all of the sudden everyone becomes a meat cutter and/ or butcher, or has done so in the past making them some sort of an "expert".

I can assure many, that the retail industry has dramatically changed over the years. And many, many things, what has been done in the past, or was common to do, is now strictly against the law.

Trust me....either...... don't ask me about my "professional opinion", if you might not like the answer, and/ or you end up not believing me anyhow.
Or, start arguing with me, because in your mind, you knew better from the get-go.
Why bother asking in order to challenge my knowledge, ultimately tying up my time with nonsense, when in the meantime I could help someone really NEEDING my help and my opinion ?

Sorry, I never quite got that one, and the whole purpose behind it.....

Old 09-20-2008, 05:29 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,416 times
Colddiamond102 - I have probably been through Gastonia if a highway goes thru it, but for the most part I've only been in the cities of NC - Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte, etc. I don't venture out much I guess

Old 09-20-2008, 11:57 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmingtonangel View Post
Colddiamond102 - I have probably been through Gastonia if a highway goes thru it, but for the most part I've only been in the cities of NC - Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte, etc. I don't venture out much I guess
I think one does... I havent been back in a while so I forget.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
No, they're not always right. Sorry to burst your bubble.
On this note, I just found this hilarious site yesterday:
Not Always Right | Funny & Stupid Customer Quotes

Old 09-21-2008, 02:06 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO!!! I love it.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:02 AM

86 posts, read 326,196 times
Quote:
That cranked me up! hahaha

Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 AM

23,600 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Quote:
I got addicted and read 100 pages of the site. What is fascinating is the repetition of the same types of "mind on hold" idiots. Some psychologist could do a Master's thesis on the stories being related. There are connections beyond the obvious"they are all dumb as a fruitcake" one.

FWIW, in a few of the stories, it is apparent that the person relating the story is clueless as well.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,564 times
Default Why is it difficult to hang clothing up that you try on

I don't have a problem with you not putting clothing back that you try on because most of the time you never put it back in the right place; but I do have problems with you trying on clothing knowing that you haven't had a bath/shower and stinking up the clothing or getting make up/dirt on brand new clothing. Then to add insult to injury, you don't hang it back up, you dump it on the floor of the fitting room for the sales clerk to pick up. We can't sell those soiled items to anyone and have to damage them out. Please, if you aren't serious shoppers, please don't come into our stores try on our merchandise and leave them on the floor for us to clean up. You aren't @ home and we aren't your maids.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:38 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
On the customer side - what ever happened to "Thank you" once I have paid? Seriously, 90% of the time, it's "here ya go" as they hand me my card, receipt or bag and I end up being the one thanking them? Just my pet peeve...and I have worked in retail, I do know it's hard and doesn't pay well. I guess that's the incentive to do well enough to get promoted or a better job eventually....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products