U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:36 PM

197 posts, read 672,944 times

Advertisements

most of hunter oaks is fine - its a really nice area - its just the part that backs up to the big open lot at Rea & Tom Short you would need to be concerned about and that is only a small part of that subdivision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 10:38 PM

7,935 posts, read 17,967,919 times
ok I will have to look on a map..lol that should be interesting

Old 02-04-2007, 10:39 PM

I need to figure out what Streets back up to it kwim?

Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 PM

well, for example, amersham would be a really poor choice as it backs right up to that open field

does that help any?

Old 02-04-2007, 10:53 PM

lol yes, I just checked a few streets and well it appears close to Toms Short Rd and im getting very discouraged however I thank u for the info

Staci

Old 02-04-2007, 10:55 PM

I would be so pissed if I moved to a house and then found out there were going to be LIGHTS and a WALMART..kwim

Old 02-04-2007, 10:59 PM

don't get discouraged - you will be fine! just know that around here it is not best anywhere really to back up to an open field or large area of undeveloped land becasue you just never know what is going to come in and become your neighbor

Old 02-04-2007, 11:08 PM

that is good advice..thank u...I tell if this holds true then I dont have anything to see when I come in

I tell you cureton is looking better each day..and going and buying a spec house....

Old 02-05-2007, 11:55 PM

259 posts, read 1,099,926 times
I hate wal-mart as well. I worked for them as a teenager (which really wasnt that long ago) and the culture of the company stinks and morale stinks even worse because of it.
But really, what is wal-mart doing thats so horrible thats really much different than what K-mart did and what Target does? Do you think Target sells more stuff made in america than wal-mart? Doubt it. Do Target employees have better benefits/healthcare than wal-mart employees? No, because Target manages to fill most of its hourly positions with part-time workers who aren't even eligible for benefits. And the pay.... I TURNED down a position at a Target job fair while working at wal-mart because I would have taken a drastic paycut.
I shop at wal-mart some, but also frequent my neighborhood Food Lion. I really doubt the bagboys there are paying a mortgage on their hourly rate, or have top-notch medical care either........ so whats the difference if wal-marts employees don't?
My biggest complaint I feel justified in having about wal-mart is not that they mistreat employees but rather cheat the CUSTOMER and the vendors that keep wal-marts money flowing. The culture of the company stinks. Its about quantity, not quality. They will literally hire worthless trash for employees and expect very little from them, rather than expect quality workers and pay them accordingly. They fail to train employees in customer service which is why I really expect little when I go there and if its something I need help in purchasing I will go somewhere else. The very vendors who spend the majority of their resources servicing wal-mart take a big hit for the privelege of doing business with them. The influence of wal-mart is quite scary in that respect.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:16 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,488,074 times
With all the dissatisfaction that is posted here, what is the answer? Wal-Mart thrives. They thrive because of the customers. They continually have employees to hire. They are a powerhouse. And yet, they are criticized for succeeding.

Sure, based on all the media commentary I've heard about how employees are treated, I think they suck (and I agree, the culture sounds terrible [on the opposite spectrum -- take a look at Costco who offer decent bulk pricing, great selection and the employees are treated pretty well). However, it really boils down to a couple of the things I mentioned above. Unless potential employees stop applying for jobs there; unless current employees stop taking the shaft; and unless customers stop buying, they will continue to thrive. All of the aforementioned must also take responsibility for their own actions, too.

I buy from Wal-Mart and will continue to do so for the reasons I've stated before. Selection and price. I really don't need the service, although it's nice when I'm greeted by a friendly clerk (since this is what I would do regardless of my dissatisfaction with my employers). But those who don't like them, well, stop buying from, applying to, and working for Wal-Mart. Even part-time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products