U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:42 PM

8,264 posts, read 18,715,719 times

Advertisements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate Wal-Mart for many reasons

No size four jeans in any of their stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 09:19 PM

15,370 posts, read 35,031,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
on the crime thing,in Farmington,New Mexico at Wal-Mart there was a man threating to commit suicide in the parking lot,someone stabbed in sporting goods,a man shot to death by a cop in the parking lot,an employee found a drunk man passed out in her car,many many employeed fired for stealing and thats just in the 2 years I was there, a new Wal-Mart opened last year and had 2 different stabbings in the first week.

In Albuquerque,New Mexico a man was shot to death by a customer in the deli for attacking his wife with a knife.
every Wal-Mart in the city but 1 has been robbed this year.
an employee got stabbed by a thief
a few customers have had their car stolen in the parking lot
thats all I can remember for now

In Portales,New Mexico a few years back a man robbed the place with a shotgun untill the employees tackled him,employees used to sell stuff in the store and pocket the money and help them get it to their car.

In Deming,New Mexico a thief shot a store manager and a little girl that was in the crossfire

I used to work at Wal-Mart and my friend still does so I hear alot about the life in Wal-Mart
I am NOT a fan of Walmart for many reasons but to blame nearly all the crime in NM on Walmart is a little excessive......doncha thank?

Old 10-29-2007, 12:17 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,575,458 times
In no way did I mention I was trying to blame all crime in New Mexico on Wal-Mart,I dont know where you got that from,someone from a past post on here said that wal-mart brings crime in and I was simply telling a few incidents that I know of.For some reason people like to hang out at wal-mart and some people like to cause trouble.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 PM

wouldn't say that only low class citizens (in terms of financials, not quality) visit Wal-Mart. I lot of my six figure friends shop there often. I only wish that Wal-Mart would align themselves in a shopping center with other high-end stores, but the likelihood is rather unlikely (from both ends of the retailer spectrum). Or does anyone have any examples and locations of Wal-Marts that do have higher end stores alongside?

We have a Wal-mart in the mall here on LI in Massapequa. It is not exactly a high end mall, but it does have a Macy's and a JC Penney's and it isn't a hang out for low-lifes. It is on two levels which is kind of different (well, for here anyway). It was the first Walmart many of us here had ever seen and it is a disappointment because it is very very poorly maintained and managed.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:25 PM

942 posts, read 1,089,547 times
Here in Portland Walmart has been denied permits for at least 3 stores in this metro area this past year. Across the river in Vancouver, Wash Walmart has opened or is in the process of opening several supercenters. I feel people should shop where they want and have choices. I don't care for Oregon controlling where I shop to this extent because they don't like big box stores, yet the new Ikea which is bigger than walmart was built at the foot of our airport runway. I ended up going to the vancouver walmart supercenters simply because of prescriptons. When I learned that the prescriptions at walmart were $4.00 for a months supply I had to make other arrangements. I got rid of the $108.00 each month I paid the Rite AId drug store and now pay Walmart a total of $24.00 for the 2 medicines I take. Walmart lets me get a 90 day supply for that amount which Rite Aid would not allow since they go thru the insurance company which only allows a 30 day supply for the $108.00. I think its fine if someone does not want to shop at Walmart and that is their business. But again I think people should have a choice for where they shop and not be controlled by others. I know for many especially retired people have had to choose walmart pharmacy for their prescriptions because they are saving hundreds of dollars when buying their medicine.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Wow. I had not realized that their prescriptions were so inexpensive. Is that for any medication, I wonder.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:01 PM

942 posts, read 1,089,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Wow. I had not realized that their prescriptions were so inexpensive. Is that for any medication, I wonder.
I don't think it is for every medicine on the market, but they sure have a long list of those that are $4.00. I have never been in love with Walmart myself, but I never hated the store like many do. I mostly have always felt they could improve on the appearance of their stores and customer service though. However I will always be thankful they offer the $4.00 prescriptions.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:29 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,488,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OREGONRAIN View Post
I don't think it is for every medicine on the market, but they sure have a long list of those that are $4.00. I have never been in love with Walmart myself, but I never hated the store like many do. I mostly have always felt they could improve on the appearance of their stores and customer service though. However I will always be thankful they offer the $4.00 prescriptions.
We had to fill a few prescriptions ourselves just recently. Most of the time, we used either Sav-on and, most recently, Target. But, by chance at the last minute, we had a prescription filled at Wal-Mart and their generic price for this particular medication was under the ten dollar co-pay we are billed for generics. Not bad. And we're sold. So we'll be visiting WM for future prescriptions as well (let's hope we won't need to fill one anytime soon).

Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 AM

430 posts, read 1,160,862 times
You can go on WalMart's website and it will tell you the drugs it covers for the $4 co-pay. I would of linked it here for you but the WalMart website is "down" right now.....

Ozark Nana

Old 11-05-2007, 06:24 AM

383 posts, read 1,045,984 times
Don't know why people think they don't pay their low end employee's, but here in Illinois the starting wages at two Walmart's around my house are 10 an hour for baggers/cart pushers. All other grocery stores start their employee's off at 7.55.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products