U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 06:19 PM

4,610 posts, read 10,273,219 times

Advertisements

I love em.

I live in a small town and if it wasn't for Wal Mart, I would have to drive forever and waste gas and pay a whole bunch more money for my stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 04:17 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,248,099 times
I like Wal-Mart, but I don't love it. It's the cheapest place to get brand new clothes (other than Ross's which is other favorite). I just don't like certain customers that come in there. Some do not get out of the way when they see you are wanting to go through. I hate that crap.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 PM

22,559 posts, read 47,882,109 times
In the book "The Walmart Effect" it describes the filth that the farm-raised salmon is, well, raised in, off the coast of Chile, all to keep the price of salmon low. After you read it, you won't buy farm-raised salmon again.

Then I started to wonder, how is the quality of their meat? Take a look at it. It has a glassy sheen to it. It makes me nervous.

I won't buy my groceries there, either. If Walmart is so concerned about saving a buck, do you really think they care about the quality of their food? Granted, their produce is better than it use to be, but that's because they were losing money when people didn't buy it.

I just don't trust a company that worries more about it's bottom line and it's quest to take over the world than the quality of its products.

If their clothing is crappy, do you think the food is any better?

Last edited by hiknapster; 06-17-2007 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-17-2007, 05:01 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,263,830 times
Can't stand it. I only buy cat litter there because my cat prefers the brand they carry.lol The clientele sometimes is a little sketchy and I have had such a hard time with customer service the I stopped shopping there. I think they figure you will come back for the prices regardless of their service. Not me.............

Old 09-09-2007, 02:14 PM

766 posts, read 489,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I love em.

I live in a small town and if it wasn't for Wal Mart, I would have to drive forever and waste gas and pay a whole bunch more money for my stuff.

Same Here!!One thing I don't like,is trying to get out of there.It takes forever!!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 PM

11,442 posts, read 17,346,321 times
I buy where I get the best prices whether it's walmart or not because I am not going to waste my money that I work so hard for.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:18 PM

264 posts, read 722,362 times
No, I don't care for Walmart and I've heard that they don't treat their employees very well either. Here in the sticks though, choices are limited. We used to have Glens and Carters, but Carters went bankrupt so now there is only Glens , and one Walmart about 20 miles away. I like Miejer but the closest one is over an hour away. The next town over has a Sav A Lot and I shop for some things there.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:35 AM

420 posts, read 1,162,650 times
Personally, I do not like them. I do not shop at WalMart unless I am visiting my friend in Arkansas. She and her husband live in a small town that really only has WalMart. I guess that once I retire and move down to Arkansas (near my friends) I will have to learn to like WalMart.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:40 AM

6,351 posts, read 19,520,674 times
[quote=princessvanessa;1464245]Personally, I do not like them. I do not shop at WalMart unless I am visiting my friend in Arkansas. She and her husband live in a small town that really only has WalMart. I guess that once I retire and move down to Arkansas (near my friends) I will have to learn to like WalMart.[/quote]

OH, NO YOU WON'T!!! We haven't darkened the door of any establishment the Walton family owns for years. We shop local merchants as often as we can and order from internet merchants for everything else. There are alternatives to "falling prices/wages/standard of living" EVERYWHERE in this great nation. Even in Arkansas!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 06:35 PM

52 posts, read 538,168 times
There is only one Wal-Mart in my entire county here in New York and it's the smallest Wal-Mart I think there is on this Earth.

They don't sell food or anything of that sort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products