U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 AM

369 posts, read 1,817,383 times

Advertisements

Every time I go into Walmart, I leave wanting to wash my hands.....I am a Target girl all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 11:51 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,540,956 times
We have a new WalMart Supercenter near us - we shop it all the time for "necessary" (household) items. I laugh when others say that WalMart carries "inferior" products - Rubbermaid, Procter and Gamble, General Electric, Dial etc - they carry the same name brands as does Target and others. They are now carrying Dell and Compaq computers - Vaio televisions etc - so, I have to now guess these are all "inferior" to the same named products at other stores??

Personally we don't use their (or other stores) bakery much - we do prefer certain other stores for meats (Costco) etc

My experience has been that WalMart has the same, or better prices on the household items we regularly buy AND, they are convienent to us

Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 PM

20 posts, read 57,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Is it just me or does/would anyone would ever like to be a Walmart greeter?! It'd be a morbidly interesting job for sure!

I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I'm a Greeter at the Super Wal Mart in HagerstownMD and it sucks. We are the lowest paid in the store and customers treat us like crap.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Wal-Mart. Yeah, save that penny now but pay for it down the road.

Wal-Mart goes into American companies and tells them that they must lower their prices or they won't buy their products.

If Wal-Mart doesn't buy your products you are doomed so the companies start cutting corners; making the products with cheaper materials. Wal-Mart comes back and says it has to be cheaper. Eventually, companies have to close up their US factories and start making the products in China in order to meet Wal-Mart's demands. So Florence, who has been at the sprinkler factory for ten years, is now without a job.

Maybe she can get a job at Wal-Mart! She can be a door Nazi!

It's true, but no one cares. Got to save that penny.

Read the book "The Wal-Mart Effect."
Hey don't complain because the greeter or "door nazi's" as you like to call us are doing our jobs. If you don't like having to show your receipt when you have to then shop someplace else.

We stop you not because we WANT to but because we HAVE to.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:02 PM

I shopped there before I started working there and I still do. I don't get the medical benefits because I don't need them. My husband works in Shady Grove,Pa at Manitwok crane group and makes good money and have good benefits. Plus I only bring home $400 bi weekly so I need every cent I make.

Our Super Wal Mart was last years Super Center of the year and we were #1 this year for black friday sales. Everybody comes up to Hagerstown,Md to shop at our Wal Mart. People from Baltimore,DC,Fredrick,PA,WV they all come to our store.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:44 PM

8,264 posts, read 18,715,719 times
Once again, in Walmart I got all the way home and I discovered that the check out person neglected to give me one of my bags from the carousel . I am not an unalert person and this has happened to me twice before. I wonder what they do with all that extra merchandise. It is too far away to bother going back just to get it.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:03 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,566,474 times
Walmart...Schmalmart;
I'm guilty as most, I go there because most times I'm too lazy at the time to
go to each individual retailer , and once and awhile I'll even get a Rx filled and shop while i wait for their slow pharmacy; but the best things i like about Walmart is the greeters and the cheap orange juice(frozen) my $.02

Old 12-01-2007, 08:46 PM

10,702 posts, read 9,661,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Walmart...Schmalmart;
I'm guilty as most, I go there because most times I'm too lazy at the time to
go to each individual retailer , and once and awhile I'll even get a Rx filled and shop while i wait for their slow pharmacy; but the best things i like about Walmart is the greeters and the cheap orange juice(frozen) my $.02
You hit the nail on the head! Excellent posting!

Old 12-02-2007, 12:13 AM

6,351 posts, read 19,520,674 times
MAN, I sure hated having to go into Walmart to buy the Eagle's new CD...

Old 12-02-2007, 01:16 AM

5,413 posts, read 13,141,887 times
They're horrible and not so cheap as in prices. Lots of cheap looking stuff and so big, boxy and unattractive on the outside. I stay out and thank god there's only 1 or 2 in the area. That's more than enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products