U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 06:44 PM

747 posts, read 1,838,931 times

Advertisements

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
I am just so frustrated....I won a cute collector's toy (yes I love collector's toys, just like a big kid) off of eBay and paid for it in the midle of October, now the seller claims to have shipped out the item, and it should have gotten here by now, and it hasn't the post office clerk told me I need to get the tracking number of the item which means I have to rely on the seller to provide...I have never had this experience before with something I have ordered. What do I do? I think I'm gonna cryi want my toy.....what if it is lost.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 PM

40,093 posts, read 49,039,044 times
Was it insured?

Old 11-04-2008, 07:19 PM

5,826 posts, read 8,731,072 times
You can't do anything without contacting the seller and getting the tracking number. If you wanted it shipped as inexpensively as possible, there won't be a tracking number. That is usually reserved for priority or insured items. Things do occasionally get lost in the mail.

First, verify your mailing address with the seller.
Second, get the tracking number from the seller. This is not a big deal, just ask for it.
Third, give it a full month before trying any other avenue. Give your seller the benefit of the doubt. The problem may be a postal one.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:34 PM

4,791 posts, read 13,336,301 times
Get the seller to email you a scan of the postage receipt or he never shipped it to you! I got ripped of by a Canadian Seller who had perfect feedback and never shipped a $47 item to me!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:22 AM

1,502 posts, read 6,800,295 times
Email the seller and see when he shipped it out. I just recently won an item and for some reason PayPal gave the seller my old address and the seller eventually reshipped the item after it wasn't forwarded to my new address.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,120,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I am just so frustrated....I won a cute collector's toy (yes I love collector's toys, just like a big kid) off of eBay and paid for it in the midle of October, now the seller claims to have shipped out the item, and it should have gotten here by now, and it hasn't the post office clerk told me I need to get the tracking number of the item which means I have to rely on the seller to provide...I have never had this experience before with something I have ordered. What do I do? I think I'm gonna cryi want my toy.....what if it is lost.............
If you didn't pay for insurance, then it's your loss as long as the seller can show a shipping receipt. Too bad. Get insurance next time.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:39 PM

5,132 posts, read 10,355,862 times
Well, as an Ebay buyer and seller, I will tell you this. If you purchased it and paid for it by credit card, you can then get your credit card company to do a chargeback. The seller is responsible to get the item to you. I sold an item this fall and the buyer declined insurance. I sent the package priority mail and paid for delivery confirmation. Buyer said they never received item, so I checked and sure enough it was not listed as delivered. I contacted the post office several times and was hoping at least to get the package back, it disappeared without a trace . I ended up having to refund the money, because I had no PROOF of the package having been delivered. So I was out of $60. Fair, I don't think so... but I learned the hard way to only send things insured and include that into my shipping fee.

forum rules, please read them

Old 11-09-2008, 05:28 PM

747 posts, read 1,838,931 times
OK...got it this Friday...yay!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 PM

Location: American People's Democratic Capitalist Republic of South Carolina
176 posts, read 394,240 times
Why don't you say how things are - not "lost" in the mail, but STOLEN. Stuff can't be lost in the mail unless it is stolen. And if it is truly lost, then it's still lying around somewhere and should be delivered.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 PM

19,899 posts, read 16,151,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post

First thing, did you pay for insurance. Did the seller email you when your package was mailed out, you should of received a email stating your package was sent out, and a tracking number depending on how the item was shipped, USUALLY from Paypal if you paid with it. If you paid with payapl, they have a record of it, have you checked your account with them. Have you emailed the seller and told him you want proof of receipt. I believe the time has past now to do something with paypal, a dispute, if nothing else you can open up a dispute, but better be fast, time may have past. Most importantly have you checked the seller's feedback, i will not buy from a seller, if they have to many negative feedback's. If you have not paid with payapal, but a credit card, they can do a chargeback for you, but you need to contact them, and let them know. What was the seller's response, i have my way, of getting a seller, to ship my items out fast, that is for me to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products