Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:18 AM

668 posts, read 2,177,858 times

Advertisements

I just hope that they find whom ever trampled the man,and sue them! Idiots who stampede in like a herd of cattle, for a bargain, there has to be something WRONG with people like that! It shouldnt be that someone, who opens the door, has to take thier life in thier own hands, to let customers in. Its downright discusting, and disorganization is dangerous for anyone, and everyone, including the customers! I personally would make everyone stand back, outside of the store and then open the doors, and tell everyone to walk, and if they run, they will get evicted from the premises! Its better safe than let someone get killed...too many people have lost thier lives doing this already, so, you THINK they would get the hint and DO SOMETHING about it...sheesh!

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 04-13-2009, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,590 times
First of all I read the McDonalds case and you are not stating facts. Mcdonalds had been sited 6 times for scalding hot coffee and is supposed to calibrate all equipment, expecially after they knew there was a problem. This women had 1st , 2nd, and 3rd degree burns she had skin graphs 3 times she will never be able to wear shorts again because of scars and her private parts are disfigured not to mention how long she suffered. It was not just a hot cup of coffee.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:04 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,496,294 times
But she was driving;not exactly a good idea in itself. Lucky hse did kill someone while drinkin g before this. Coffee is hot and needs some common sense.I've bought coffeee theiur and only a fool would drive and try to drink it from a full paper cup. That si why they give lids also and most peopel don't fillthe cup but 3/4 ouyt of common sense,. Millons do it everyday.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 PM

515 posts, read 1,326,088 times
It was her own fault. People are so quick to blame others now a days. Coffee is served HOT; if it were served cold, that old lady would be the first one back to complain about how cold it was.

I have never spilled a hot coffee on myself. Guess why? I am careful. I don't drive with a stinkin' cup of hot coffee in my hand!

Old 12-04-2018, 08:13 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,344,487 times
uh, people. this thread was about a guy DYING at a WalMart stampede.

NOT a spilled coffee at a McDonalds. I'd love a "you're off thread" button on both this site, AND FacialExpressiionBook.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:44 PM

10,818 posts, read 7,196,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But she was driving;not exactly a good idea in itself. Lucky hse did kill someone while drinkin g before this. Coffee is hot and needs some common sense.I've bought coffeee theiur and only a fool would drive and try to drink it from a full paper cup. That si why they give lids also and most peopel don't fillthe cup but 3/4 ouyt of common sense,. Millons do it everyday.
No, she was a passenger seated in a parked car.
She sued only for her medical expenses.
There had been over 700 complaints and lawsuits against McD for the overly hot coffee.
The jury awarded punitive damages because McD clearly knew there was a serious problem and did not correct it.

Threads change; there's no rule about sticking to the original topic.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:47 PM

765 posts, read 609,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
There had been over 700 complaints and lawsuits against McD for the overly hot coffee.
The jury awarded punitive damages because McD clearly knew there was a serious problem and did not correct it.

Also, she got horrible third degree burns over most of her crotch. Not what you'd expect from coffee, even if it is hot.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:59 PM

24,278 posts, read 25,780,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post

From the TOS, Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:08 AM

8,797 posts, read 21,196,799 times
thread closed for mod review

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products