U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,560,809 times

Advertisements

Well, my daughter is getting into dolls now, we are going to get her a nice doll house for Christmas (on her list of things) it is big enough to use with 11" tall dolls. I was very disappointed to see soo many dolls that well.... look like they work the street. I am looking for at least one company that makes normal dolls, ones that do not wear mini mini skirts and stilettos, or fish net stockings, ones with normal body proportions and do not look like if they eat a grape they would explode. Am I asking too much? or do they exist in a place that I can easily get ahold of?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 04:46 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,540,950 times
Go on Ebay and get the original vintage Barbie Dolls still in a box and in mint condition. That's your best bet to avoid "slutty."

Old 12-05-2008, 05:10 PM

I know target used to have a selection of dolls, but this was several years ago before my daughter started getting into them. I hope I find at least 1 lol, but its getting very difficult.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:13 PM

3,628 posts, read 9,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
Well, my daughter is getting into dolls now, we are going to get her a nice doll house for Christmas (on her list of things) it is big enough to use with 11" tall dolls. I was very disappointed to see soo many dolls that well.... look like they work the street. I am looking for at least one company that makes normal dolls, ones that do not wear mini mini skirts and stilettos, or fish net stockings, ones with normal body proportions and do not look like if they eat a grape they would explode. Am I asking too much? or do they exist in a place that I can easily get ahold of?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get
i would say you could join the American Girl cult, but those dolls are a little bit bigger i think.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:13 PM

9,718 posts, read 5,838,831 times
I had one back in the 50's I don't know if they exist anymore. What a shame they're all sluts now
Hey, Jeepgirl, are you saying I'm "vintage"

Old 12-05-2008, 08:27 PM

well, we baught a very nice doll house tonite, and along with it you can get dolls for it. They are actually animals, that have normal every day clothes on them (very cute)

International Playthings (http://www.intplay.com/productdetails.aspx?&gid=2&prodid=55&pid=52 - broken link)

this is the doll house.

and the little critters are very cute, my wife and I think she is going to love this thing.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:49 AM

1,495 posts, read 4,593,735 times
How old is your daughter? Maybe this link would help. This is from a teacher store.

Giant Classic Dollhouse at Lakeshore Learning

Old 12-06-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
How old is your daughter? Maybe this link would help. This is from a teacher store.

Giant Classic Dollhouse at Lakeshore Learning
She is turning 3 on thursday. We watched her play with a very small doll house that my wifes grandmother has at her house. It had to be the cutest thing I have ever seen. She very carefully arranged the furniture, put all the dolls in the house and started having a tea party with them

Old 12-06-2008, 12:05 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,672,079 times
I would start looking in catalogs or internet sites......

I'll check later but I feel your pain. My three year old wants all the bratz dolls and high school musical dolls.

I'm trying to avoid dolls that are wearing excessive make up and come with makeup (don't even want to go there yet, she already cannot get enough of the chapstick) or are wearing hooker fashions..... Seems like there is not much in the stores like that these days.

As for barbie size I have a few ideas where I can look but in a little while.

Good luck and I'll be watching this thread for other good ideas for my own little one!

Old 12-06-2008, 01:01 PM

2,539 posts, read 5,482,097 times
Another good dollhouse for that age is Loving Family by Fisher Price. The dolls and furniture are cute. Just google Fisher Price Doll House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products