U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 PM

693 posts, read 2,645,095 times

Advertisements

With all the advertising on TV especially now that the holidays are around the corner, what gadgets do you find clever and useful and so worth it to purchase? Can it be purchased in local stores minus the shipping costs?

I just bought the Scotch gift wrap cutter. Best $5. I ever spent. So much better than fumbling with scissors . It works like a charm. I found this one at Wal mart where the wrapping paper is displayed. Might also find them in stationary aisle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 02:46 PM

9,718 posts, read 5,838,831 times
I thought I had every gadget.........what is the gift wrap cutter? I would say I'm running out to buy one but I didn't "wrap" with paper this year, I did all bags

Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 PM

It cuts wrapping paper without having to use scissors. It keeps the paper flat, and it one motion it cuts clean and straight. A real time saver.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:31 AM

3,782 posts, read 6,670,677 times
I'm not sure if this is a "gadget" but I work at QVC, and we have this thing called the Fasta Pasta.

When I saw it on air, I was like, WTF is this crap... but I went online and saw it had amazing reviews, so I purchased it, with the thinking that if I didn't like I could return it.

Wow! This thing is amazing!

Basically, you can microwave your pasta, instead of boiling it. Sounds dumb, but works like a charm. If I am making stuff to take to work, I will stick in the microwave, go hop in the shower. By time I am done, the pasta is done, and I don't have to watch it.

Set of 2 Fasta Pasta Microwave Pasta Cookers - QVC.com

Old 03-21-2009, 10:05 AM

Thumbs up Green Bags for produce

They work like a charm. Bananas 6 days so far. Cucumbers, which usually loose freshness after a day or two, and tomatoes which are still on the counter are like they were just picked off the vine. Even my husband is impressed. These are the Debbie Meyer green bags. If you buy fresh produce I find these bags are a great deal.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:29 AM

Would you believe the cucumbers and tomatoes are still as fresh as I bought them 17 days ago !!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:51 AM

I keep seeing them but didn't know if they really worked. Thanks for the update.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 PM

2,658 posts, read 10,613,169 times
Gadgets pertaining to what?

I have an Exelys Breakmaster that electronically reads the greens for putting by giving me direction and by how many degrees. Now that is a gadget.

I consider my iPod to be a gadget. I have all of my music on it and it passes time.

I am buying a Nintendo DSi which has 2 0.3 MP cameras, Internet capability (although Limited), and has a faster processor. I like to brain intellectual games.

I like my Laser Rangefinder to play golf. However, I am still looking for the ideal golf GPS system.

Now, if you are referring to infomercials, I have the Medicus Dual Hinge Iron which actually works.

I also like the George Foreman Grill.

Aside from that type of stuff, I haven't bought a Chia Pet, the Clapper, or anything by Ronco.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:15 AM

[quote=titaniummd;8149113]

Quote:
I have an Exelys Breakmaster that electronically reads the greens for putting by giving me direction and by how many degrees. Now that is a gadget.
I might have to look into this thing for my DH and sons
Quote:
I consider my iPod to be a gadget. I have all of my music on it and it passes time.
Love my iPod
Quote:
I am buying a Nintendo DSi which has 2 0.3 MP cameras, Internet capability (although Limited), and has a faster processor. I like to brain intellectual games.
Me too. Have mine pre-ordered.
Quote:
I like my Laser Rangefinder to play golf. However, I am still looking for the ideal golf GPS system.
After much research I did get my boys the GPS Golf Guru and they are very happy with it.
Quote:
Now, if you are referring to infomercials, I have the Medicus Dual Hinge Iron which actually works.
Never heard of this.
Quote:
I also like the George Foreman Grill.
Had the GF but now I love my Cuisinart grill.
Quote:
Aside from that type of stuff, I haven't bought a Chia Pet, the Clapper, or anything by Ronco.
I might have bought the Chia Pet once as a gag gift

Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 AM

34,629 posts, read 43,826,783 times
Programmable coffee pot, a scuffle hoe, car thermometer, various cool flashlights and knives, it seems every goose call known, a coffee pot that works from the car's power point, various small tools, roto-tiller, leaf/branch shredder, weird toys I bought for my kids because I liked them (the toys, that is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products