U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 AM

3,760 posts, read 6,617,435 times

Advertisements

Has anyone other than me experienced this?

I go to the mall a lot, which is probably my first mistake.

However, I have noticed that the kiosks in the mall are getting more and more aggressive, almost to the point that I dread walking past any of them

The cell phone ones are the worst. Let me tell you what they did.

Last monday, I was at the mall, to meet up with one of my friends. I was walking down the corridor...all of a sudden..

"HEY!!!! YOU!!! GUY WITH THE GOATEE!!!!" I look over, and the guy behind the counter is waving at me, yelling out "Hey, come here. Goatee guy!!"

What the heck!!! I just looked at him, shook my head, and kept walking. Mind you, I was literally a solid 30-40 feet away from the kiosk, so he was screaming, and the mall was packed, so, it was kind of embarrassing.

Fast forward. Today, the mall (NOT THE SAME ONE) opens at 8am. I work midnights, so, after work, I go home, eat something, and go to the mall. I make a couple of small purchases, and am walking into a Hallmark. All of a sudden, A guy behind the counter of the exact same store, Mobile Solutions, yells out "Hey, What are you buying? Doing some shopping? Come here for a second!" I look at him and say, "Sorry, man, not interested in a new phone." You would think that would be the end of it. This guy goes ape****! "I'm just trying to F#$%^&* make conversation. Mother F#$%^&, can't even try and talk to people!" Seriously, I could not even make that up if I tried!!

I am thinking about calling their Corporate office and filing a complaint.

Does this happen to anyone else?

The crazy thing is, if you saw me in public, I would be one of the last people you would try and bother, so I do not understand what it is that is attracting this nonsense.

Last edited by IonRedline08; 12-22-2008 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 AM

48,516 posts, read 85,146,911 times
Must be some weird mall there.Sounds like something that would happen in mexico to me; by a strip joint door man to a sailor.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 AM

44,022 posts, read 53,884,478 times
No...one dude actually grabbed me by the arm and dragged me over to his kiosk and started buffing my nails. I was like, "Hey! Gross!"

Old 12-22-2008, 10:43 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,699,328 times
I write letters to the Mall Management about these people, I can't stand them. I find going to the mall is like going to jamaica- They aggressively approach you, harrass you, and when you say, "No thank you" they get nasty.

I have naturally curly hair and I had a guy come up to me, stand in front of me and say, "Let me show you how I can make your hair beautiful and straight," I responded, "No thanks" and he got nasty. This was at Paramus Park in NJ. I went as far to get his name and wrote the letter- Mall Management "Called" me to apologize.

I encourage you to write a letter expressing your story to "Mall Management" office. The more complaints they have, the more they will do something about it ... Don't let it go- You deserve the right to shop without being harrassed !!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:46 AM

Write a letter to mall corporate office, they need to know !

Old 12-22-2008, 10:56 AM

20,799 posts, read 8,784,336 times
One of the very reasons I hate going to the mall. These kiosks are very visible and if I wanted to stop I would. It didn't cross my mind to write to mall management but that is a good idea.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:46 AM

15,246 posts, read 17,152,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No...one dude actually grabbed me by the arm and dragged me over to his kiosk and started buffing my nails. I was like, "Hey! Gross!"
I've been attacked by the nail buffers as well. It was a very odd experience.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:50 AM

I tend to wonder if they work off commission since they are SO aggressive, rude and nasty- They must.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:11 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,629,297 times
This also happened to us at Rushmore Mall in Rapid City, SD. The people were selling "Dead Sea Salt" products. They drug us to their kiosk, rubbed stuff on our hands and then wouldn't let us go! I finally rubbed the stuff off and walked away, leaving my husband there. Then he left, too. From that point on we avoided walking near that kiosk. Not only were the people rude, the guy could hardly speak English, which really irritates me!

Last edited by georgiainwyo; 12-22-2008 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM

18,604 posts, read 55,530,483 times
FWIW, if the mall is in Florida, and a merchant holds on to you to prevent your leaving, that is assault. You can file criminal charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products