U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:29 PM

18,711 posts, read 20,397,601 times

Advertisements

You people should really try Craigslist then... I buy things half as cheap and just as good... I tell them what I am looking for and the price I am willing to pay... I also sell stuff on there as well and always sell at my price point, which is pretty cheap...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 12:15 AM

6,021 posts, read 13,749,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You people should really try Craigslist then... I buy things half as cheap and just as good... I tell them what I am looking for and the price I am willing to pay... I also sell stuff on there as well and always sell at my price point, which is pretty cheap...
god, CL is a hot mess of scams! 100x worse than Amazon! not the place I'd send people burned by scams on Amazon. not saying it's impossible to find great deals on CL, just saying there are just as many, if not more scams on that site

Old 05-24-2009, 08:28 AM

139 posts, read 427,357 times
I hate even stepping foot inside any big box store, so I usually buy from Amazon. I buy TONS of CD's and books from them (usually used items from other sellers) and I can only remember one bad experience in nearly a decade of loyal service. Just bought a tascam portastudio from Amazon for nearly $60 less than anyplace else i've compared.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:45 PM

48,509 posts, read 85,536,406 times
Criag list seems to have more problems everyday.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:40 PM

2,658 posts, read 10,606,178 times
I had a few items that I wanted from Craigslist but could never 'close the deal'. It really is not worth my time. However, there are people who obviously succeed in selling or buying items (or getting dates or 'clients for massage', etc).

Old 05-27-2009, 11:42 AM

914 posts, read 4,027,881 times
I have never had an issue buying something from Amazon proper, but have had issues with the marketplace sellers. It always turns out okay financially, because I can report them to Amazon, but it is still a pain. Lately, I have also started to receive mailings from marketplace sellers I have purchased from. (Can they be doing this??) One company that sends me mailings was even one that tried to scam me. Good grief!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:58 PM

746 posts, read 3,216,286 times
My experience with Amazon over the past decade has been overwhelmingly positive. I buy a lot from - and through - them. I recognize that they actually are several types of operations rolled up in one, and understand the differences between buying direct, and buying through the Marketplace sellers, or other retailers who list on Amazon.

I would look at any reports of Amazon suddenly practicing scams with a jaundiced eye. They are far too big to engage in penne ante schemes. It would be the kiss of death for them.

What you should do is recognize that the website that you read this on is itself of a questionable nature for printing such garbage.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:40 PM

2,658 posts, read 10,606,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
I have never had an issue buying something from Amazon proper, but have had issues with the marketplace sellers. It always turns out okay financially, because I can report them to Amazon, but it is still a pain. Lately, I have also started to receive mailings from marketplace sellers I have purchased from. (Can they be doing this??) One company that sends me mailings was even one that tried to scam me. Good grief!
I have spent thousands of Dollars from Amazon and the Marketplace. Never scammed and always got a great deal.

My gripe with a marketplace dealer is that they didn't give me an email status on a return. I just want to know an up to the minute update.

I give 5 stars if the shipping is fast (<5 days), I get email confirmation of the order and there is a tracking number given to me. I give 5 stars, even for returns, if I get email correspondence with an up to date status in 24 hours.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,045 times
i buy from amazon for a long time now, i only have positive feedbacks. never been scamed.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:34 AM

16,308 posts, read 25,391,997 times
1 post troll

Please do not feed the trolls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products