Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:55 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,848,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesideblonde View Post
Not sure yet if we do like it, the smell has made the sleep restless. We were tested for softest soft medium and hard mattress, then my husbands which was hard was fixed together with mine which is medium, but we are already liking each others better. There is a 40 day trial, so it can be changed if you want a different strength. I do not know what they will say about the smell though. I see that you are in North Caroliner, I do believe that this is where they are made. We live in Yorkshire in England.
What is it made of? Is it foam, or traditional springs, or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 27,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Gosh, I wish I'd thought of that.

Seriously, I'd been through the web site, and it says not one thing about what it is they actually sell, unless I'm missing something. It talks about "behavior," "sleep environment," and something called "sleep equipment" - which I'm going to guess might be some kind of mattress.
Just to clear it up for you-the website isnt very good and doesn't actually sell anything. Sleep To Live is a brand that is sold in some bed stores such as Bensons For Beds in the UK. They do three different models, Series 300, 500 and 700. They are very expensive but come with a ten year guarantee and have the most comfortable matress I had ever experienced! You have to go to a store to buy one of these beds and the website is completely useless!

Old 05-21-2009, 05:07 AM

11 posts, read 179,094 times
Well not so sure I would choose this bed again given a choice. The smell has now lessened somewhat and we have now reordered (within our 40 day trial) for the whole mattress to be medium as my hubby has not had a good nights sleep with the recommended hard one.
Hoping that the new one comes with out the smell and my hubby enjoys better sleep with the medium mattress, will then let you know at a later date if I could recommend it or not.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 AM

1 posts, read 27,538 times
my wife and i just bought one..we love it. sleep to live is a brand being manufactured by kingsdown. our bed has no strange smell and we did pay a premium for this product but felt it was worth it given the lower back pain we were both experiencing from our 3 yr 'old' mattress which was also quite expensive (but too firm for our body profiles - i am 6 ft tall 185 pounds, wife is 5 ft 7 inches and 115 lbs). don't rely on any website to buy an expensive product, sleep to live mattresses should be purchased at a retailer and using their diagnostic machine (although gimmicky imho) is part of the purchase process. that said, if i were single and didn't need dual firmness zones on the bed, i would opt for a much cheaper premium mattress that has the same firmness levels that the sleep to live machine tells me is right for my body.....good luck

Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 AM

We actually changed our bed, we had the 40 night test time to see if we were happy with the firmness that had been chosen for us on the computer. My husband decided he wanted it to be slightly softer on his side. The new mattress has had no nasty smell at all either thank-goodness and just has to be the best sleep we have had ever. We are waiting to hear back with an explanation and an aplology as to why the last one had been so horrid. It had arrived in its double wrapped plastic, we can only guess that it had been stored some where very damp for a long time, though there was no sign of mildew on it. It truly looked new and unused (as it should) any way thank goodness that has gone now, so back to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 28,246 times
I am interested in buying a "Sleep to Live" mattress made by Kingsdown. I bought a Serta, Perfect Evening, Indian Lake(euro-pillow-top) at Sleepy's in NYC. I have not had a good nites sleep for two weeks. I have 6 days left to return this mattress for a high fee. However, I need sleep. I have some low back pain and sensitive body. Does any one recommend the "Sleep to
Live" series 600 ( medium ) ?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:56 PM

268 posts, read 759,210 times
I just bought a Sleep To Live 600 series bed in 'Green'. I'm sitting here worrying my wife and I should have gotten a 'Blue' in case it get softer as we use it.

It was pretty expensive, but I think we got a decent deal overall.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:11 AM

Exclamation "Sleep to Live" mattress made by Kingsdown

We have had our mattress changed to be all the same in green, my husbands half had been firmer as recommended by their diagnostic machine (I am sure it was red though & not blue) But he found it was too firm for him. We have not had it long enough to say if it (green) will go any softer but I will say that my husband is still not happy with it , he does not get a good nights sleep any more and most mornings he tells me he wishes we had our old mattress back. I on the other hand have far better nights sleep than I have for years, though it is not as wonderful as I had hoped for.
I wish I knew what mattresses the Germain hotels use, when I have slept in one of their beds, I never want to leave, they are a dream.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:27 PM

268 posts, read 759,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesideblonde View Post
We have had our mattress changed to be all the same in green, my husbands half had been firmer as recommended by their diagnostic machine (I am sure it was red though & not blue) But he found it was too firm for him. We have not had it long enough to say if it (green) will go any softer but I will say that my husband is still not happy with it , he does not get a good nights sleep any more and most mornings he tells me he wishes we had our old mattress back. I on the other hand have far better nights sleep than I have for years, though it is not as wonderful as I had hoped for.
I wish I knew what mattresses the Germain hotels use, when I have slept in one of their beds, I never want to leave, they are a dream.
What series did you get? How much did you pay?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:00 PM

Question how is yours

500 series. No idea of price though (hubby always deals with that) It came from Bensons Beds if that helps? how are you getting on with yours ? I like ours but my husband still thinks it was not the best choice .
Just remembered, we have never heard anything back from the company, either with explanation or apologies to the horrid damp and moldy smell of the first one we had. The company told us they were to look into it and WERE going to get back to us. Guess my husband will be calling the factory back again (Bensons beds told us to call the factory as they said it is out of their hands once the order has been taken)

Last edited by dalesideblonde; 07-15-2009 at 04:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products