U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Where do you prefer to shop or visit:
Lifestyle Centers 14 50.00%
Enclosed Malls 14 50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 04:08 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,533,641 times

Advertisements

Landmark may very well shut down- the talks keep breaking down as to what to do with the space and considering the owner has filed bankruptcy, I'm guessing Landmark might not make it through until the end of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Thanks for the clarification regarding Landmark, pcity. I thought they were going to shut down Landmark altogether, but at least they will still utilize the space. True..Pentagon City will more than likely remain. To be honest, it's a nice place to go when it's not packed. I always liked the open air design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 06:15 PM

2,892 posts, read 5,087,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Landmark may very well shut down- the talks keep breaking down as to what to do with the space and considering the owner has filed bankruptcy, I'm guessing Landmark might not make it through until the end of that.
Even in this economy, that property is worth a ton- right next to 395 and in one of the most densely populated parts of Northern Virginia. If the owner doesn't come out of bankruptcy, the property will probably be sold off and whoever ends up with it will probably proceed with the town center plans. Might take a few more years though.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:30 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,533,641 times
I agree - it's a great location, I just wish it had more decent places in it (the owner's have discouraged decent places from renewing and/or signing a lease).

Sorry OP to change the subject...

Like others have stated: I think both enclosed and open air shopping areas have their place(s) and I like both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
Even in this economy, that property is worth a ton- right next to 395 and in one of the most densely populated parts of Northern Virginia. If the owner doesn't come out of bankruptcy, the property will probably be sold off and whoever ends up with it will probably proceed with the town center plans. Might take a few more years though.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:38 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,862,541 times
I don't really enjoy shopping at all. I used to, when I was younger. Now I'm more of a get in, get it, get out person.

That being said, if I had to pick,I'd much prefer to hit the mall than a LC. Basic reason: climate control. No rain, no bugs, no cold, no hot. I can't even imagine enjoying a LC in the dead of winter -- coat on, coat off, coat on... ick.

The only downside to the mall is the crowd os smokers who cluster around the doors, trying to get in those last puffs before they enter or gasping in their first puffs as they exit. I swear, sometimes they put up an entire cloud of smoke!

Old 04-24-2009, 12:19 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,087,426 times
I like the option of both.

A combination outdoor lifestyle center and indoor mall.

When it rains nobody is going to be at the lifestyle center - it's something that depends on the weather.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 PM

15,237 posts, read 25,499,148 times
I guess if you had to live in an area with cold, rainy, icy, snowy weather, a lifestyle center may not be ideal. But here in sunny SoCal, even in winter they're stil a great place to shop - especially if you're in the desert, it only rains here like 2 or 3 days a year.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:54 AM

1,430 posts, read 5,311,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I guess if you had to live in an area with cold, rainy, icy, snowy weather, a lifestyle center may not be ideal. But here in sunny SoCal, even in winter they're stil a great place to shop - especially if you're in the desert, it only rains here like 2 or 3 days a year.
Hot weather climates are even more of a reason to have enclosed malls.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:02 PM

15,237 posts, read 25,499,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Hot weather climates are even more of a reason to have enclosed malls.
Ah, but I LOVE the heat!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:03 PM

2,836 posts, read 8,958,199 times
I like both. I might lean towards open air malls or lifestyle centers (who came up with that name - must be a marketing gimmick) - but, living in Florida or even places like Arizona or Nevada can get pretty uncomfortable in the summers or rainy season.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:14 AM

10 posts, read 9,942 times
I prefer to visit or shop from where I can get my favorites at discounted rates………….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products