U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,419,199 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used www.eluxury.com ? There's a couple items that I'd want to buy on there but I want to make sure that I'm not getting ripped off. I'm always hestitant of buying any expensive goods online just because of the rampant fraud, replicas, etc etc. Some of the prices seem almost too good to be true...

Any opinions or feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,994,309 times
When in doubt check www.bizrate.com

Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM

157 posts, read 445,945 times
eluxury is a legit online retailer. It's owned by Louis Vuitton and the only place other than some select department stores to get authentic LV stuff. Why do you think the prices are too good to be true? Are you referring to the sale items? Most non-sale items are priced comparably to other upper end retailers, like Saks and Neiman Marcus. During sales you can get lucky and get some great deals when shopping at any of these stores.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:38 AM

4,486 posts, read 15,419,199 times
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eluxury is a legit online retailer. It's owned by Louis Vuitton and the only place other than some select department stores to get authentic LV stuff. Why do you think the prices are too good to be true? Are you referring to the sale items? Most non-sale items are priced comparably to other upper end retailers, like Saks and Neiman Marcus. During sales you can get lucky and get some great deals when shopping at any of these stores.
That's all I needed to know.

I say that some prices seem to good to be true because they actually have items on sale! Our local Louis Vuitton almost NEVER has a sale on anything. It made me wonder if the site was legit...

Old 04-05-2007, 08:46 AM

1,943 posts, read 7,850,472 times
I used it to buy my MIL a Louie keyholder. She has 3 Louie purses (works for an AFFLUENT boss who gave each of them as a gift, along with a Chanel Purse among numerous others; makes me sick and jealous)... and so if anyone should know if it was a fake she should...and it came with all of the stuff, looks just her purse...so I would say it's good to go!

Old 04-05-2007, 09:52 AM

2,814 posts, read 12,143,061 times
I've had a fake Louis Vuitton wallet I bought in 2002 in a warehouse in an industrial area of Las Vegas from a guy who had everything in plastic bags and was one step ahead of the police! It cost $30 if I remember right. Beautiful fake wallet. I carried it with me to Paris in August 03 and went shopping in both Louis Vuitton boutiques, the one on the Champs Elysees and the one in the Galleries Lafayette. I bought two real Louis Vuitton purses, one for my girlfriend and one for my boss. And I looked at the wallets, but mine was pristine then even though it was fake.
I still have that wallet and use it every day, but I'd like a real one someday! I just have issues spending $400 or more on ME!!!! It's easier spending money on other people. I just feel decadent if I do it for me.
However, in both LV boutiques, I had my fake on the counter in front of the personnel and none of them caught on.

I just looked on eluxury.com.... that wallet I want which would match my fake is $320!

Last edited by MoMark; 04-05-2007 at 10:08 AM..

Old 04-05-2007, 09:58 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,682,425 times
Hi MoMark

Hmm, I've never heard of that online site but I will be checking it out. On the fakes we saw tons of fakes and knockoffs in Mexico. Some were priced good while others were not. Whenever your in Dallas you MUST check out Sam Moon. Two locations: Dallas on Harry Hines right off of 635-LBJ just a stones throw east of I35 Stemmons in the northeast corner and in Frisco on Preston just north of 121 in front of Stonebriar Mall. They are closed on Sundays and if you go on a Saturday, take some valium and bring lots of patients as it will be PACKED!

Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 AM

1,943 posts, read 7,850,472 times
Hey MoMark, since you were in the habit of buying Louies...can you throw one my way

Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 AM

2,814 posts, read 12,143,061 times
Momof2dfw, same thing in the Philippines. At the Green Hills Shopping center south of Manila, there are literally acres of enclosed space with knock-offs of all the luxury brands. The problem is that when you come through customs in L.A., you might get checked or not. I had two small fakes..a cigarette lighter ( I gave up smoking in Dec. 05!) and I had a ziplock big baggie with about 1.5 pounds of pearl jewelry in it. I sailed through customs. Must be my Richie Cunningham looks But a few of my compatriots who were loaded with fake knockoffs were stopped, searched and all the counterfeits were confiscated.
mrshvo.....I regret the gift to the girlfriend! Wasted money in the long run! So were the diamonds! Live and learn
I wouldn't call it a "habit" either as I don't normally spend on any luxury brands. But I knew that LV would be well received and then I bought Nina Ricci (her favorite) in a crystal decanter from their boutique for my mother That one I don't regret!

Old 04-05-2007, 10:33 AM

2,949 posts, read 12,276,683 times
Hold on guys - you need to do a little research about this company. Whenever you see something like this - find out who the domain belongs to.

If you go to, example, register.com and proceed to whois and type in the url you can find out who it belongs to unless they make it private. Strongly suggest you do this. The contact information is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products