U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 12:27 AM

1,627 posts, read 2,776,200 times

Advertisements

I am in search for a hot tub.

Hot Springs spas are nice but they are expensive. a 30 jet spa costs $7K
But you get 5 years parts/labor.

If you buy a Cal Spa from Costco, you are looking at $5K for twice as many jets but with only 2 year parts/labor.

Anyone have any feed back about spas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 AM

1,940 posts, read 8,309,431 times
hot springs are worth the cost.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:22 AM

2,190 posts, read 7,007,616 times
Best deal is to find an used one from craigslist...Not uncommon to get it 66% off...

Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 AM

12,054 posts, read 20,526,116 times
Our hot tub came from a local business. We knew nothing about them, but the owner explained everything. You really need to actually sit in the tub before purchasing and then decide what features you really need. We got a huge one, but we should have gotten a smaller one because usually it is just my husband and myself who are in the tub. I would also recommend a cover. I think most dealers will add the cover for free. We have ours in a cabana, but we still get debris that falls on the cover. Our cover has a bar that makes it easy to use. Also, if you are getting steps, get steps with storage. You will also need to price chemicals and see where you get the best price. Our dealer included a chemical package that lasted one year. They also have specials every year and the chemicals are fairly inexpensive. You will need an electrician and will probably need an inspection by the county where you live before it can legally be used. Also, check the number of jets and the pressure. Our tub has a captain's seat with lots of jets. Great if you have back problems.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:47 AM

2,377 posts, read 4,902,482 times
Just my 2 cents worth...I have had my Hot Springs 4 person spa for 15 years... Had trouble with the heater just after I bought it and it was replaced right away and has been going strong for all these years.. I would buy another Hot Springs without a second thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products