U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:50 PM

20,799 posts, read 8,814,872 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't bother me in the least I have other things to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 03:51 PM

5,038 posts, read 14,744,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
It would be kind of offsetting but what's more annoying is when people stand so close behind you in line.
I was at the Post Office the other day and the guy behind me was so close, if I would have stepped back just a slight bit I would have hit him.
I almost started to turn around and ask, "Do you mind?!"

Next time I will because it really bugs me....
Yeah, I don't like people encroaching on my space either. I think it's because I'm so short. And another thing, I don't want their germs should they sneeze or cough.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:23 PM

9,718 posts, read 5,832,777 times
Personally I don't see what the big deal is. If they were looking/starring at a part of my body that would bother me but not my cart. Who cares, it's food.
I shop at T.J's all the time and there you put the cart up to a small checkout counter and the cashier takes your food out. It's not like a large grocery store checkout.

I sometimes see something in someones cart that I forgot to get

Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM

27,236 posts, read 42,020,119 times
Yeah, I can't buy toilet paper at the store I usually go to, I have to travel across town and give someone else some money to buy it for me

Old 05-13-2009, 06:28 PM

4,340 posts, read 7,440,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I was standing in line at a Trader Joe's this evening, while a woman standing behind me was nosing over all the items in my basket. It was not a quick glance -- she was looking over my entire basket of 12 items, almost studying every single item. I looked at her, where she then looked away as though she knew she was being somewhat rude.

Does anybody else get annoyed by other customers who need to look over everything you're purchasing?
Are you sure you weren't in the line that said "Ten items or Less"?
Those extra two items may have been the reason for the close scrutiny.

GL2

Old 05-13-2009, 06:32 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,464,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I was standing in line at a Trader Joe's this evening, while a woman standing behind me was nosing over all the items in my basket. It was not a quick glance -- she was looking over my entire basket of 12 items, almost studying every single item. I looked at her, where she then looked away as though she knew she was being somewhat rude.

Does anybody else get annoyed by other customers who need to look over everything you're purchasing?

If it happens to my I just brush it off. I am not going to get worked up over something petty.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:27 PM

48,509 posts, read 85,500,028 times
I rteally could careless what they look at.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 AM

10,595 posts, read 10,361,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Are you sure you weren't in the line that said "Ten items or Less"?
Those extra two items may have been the reason for the close scrutiny.

GL2
At my Trader Joe's it's "12 items or less", and I had 12 items.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:52 AM

3,031 posts, read 5,363,252 times
We usually take the busy-bodies into account, and always make sure we have a stack of XXL condoms to throw on top of the pile, as well as obscure ingredients such as pickled eel and tequila...

Seriously, I just figure they're bored and in rather a mindless state. I don't do it myself..I deal with the public all day and do not wanna know what they consume behind closed doors. I just look at the floor, or giggle hysterically to myself. I also have a thing about invasion of personal space, and the hysterical giggling seems to give me more room!

I hate grocery shopping...

Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 AM

413 posts, read 1,233,059 times
Sometimes you really don't want to know what people consume behind closed doors. Like I said it is more a personal space thing. What I hate worse is when people hit you with their cart while in line. Like that will get the line moving quicker.

As a former cashier, what is really gross are parents that let their babies chew on things. I had a woman give her baby a wrapped Snickers bar. By the time she got up and took stuff out of her cart the wrapper of the candy bar had drool all over it. The woman then asked me if she could get a different candy bar. Lucky for me the manager was there and he told the woman no and the next time she came to shop make sure she brought something for the baby to chew on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products