U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:22 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,456,574 times

Advertisements

I hate shopping on the weekends peroid! people here drive like wacko's and shop like they are the only ones who deserve to be in the store and everyone else is just a nuisance. Worse then that the kids! Oh my running here and there playing with the toys, spilling drinks, knocking things off the shelf and parents not doing anything and try to pretend they don't see what thier kids are up to. <<shudder>>

days not to go shopping, Specialty sales day, Before School starting, Tax Free Weekends and around the first and middle of the months (1st and 15th) meaning pay-days. Groceries... never during the first week of any month unless you can shop really early. You have the big first of the mounth round up shopping ( Payday, welfare assistant shopping and senoir assistance shopping).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 10:50 AM

407 posts, read 1,193,507 times
Sure, I'll shop on Sundays.....but only from my keyboard!!

Any "real" shopping (what little I do, mostly groceries) gets done during the week when most are at work or school!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:01 AM

3,857 posts, read 5,385,080 times
Keyboard shopping is the best. Combine a clearance sale with free shipping, and you are ahead of the game.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:07 AM

407 posts, read 1,193,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Keyboard shopping is the best. Combine a clearance sale with free shipping, and you are ahead of the game.

Ain't it though!!! I love shopping from my keyboard - I can just browse for hours on end, searching for the right product with the right price and *WOW* free shipping too!!!

No worries about finding a parking space, crowds, "sales" that are not really a sale, traffic, rude shoppers or sales people! And my purchase comes to my own front door! I'll tell you, it's like majic!!!! Oooooh, I just love shopping from my keyboard!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:46 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,216,513 times
I agree, some of the best deals are found online. I've been doing it about 10 years (never had a problem). It's even better when you add coupon or promotional codes to your items. I usually search around for codes before I check out.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 AM

3,857 posts, read 5,385,080 times
If you're concerned about security, use gift cards or pre-paid VISAs with a certain limit. No worries.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM

1,743 posts, read 4,074,053 times
I really cannot stand to shop on a Sunday. I do not fully understand why...it just seems like the world is a bit creepy on a Sunday and I don't like to be out. I never understoody why it gives me the creeps, but it does.

I like to do my shopping early on Saturday mornings, to try to beat the crowd.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:07 PM

47 posts, read 139,086 times
I never go shopping on Sundays too.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:57 AM

5,868 posts, read 16,122,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Maybe...but if enough of us do that, there will be no local stores, and no jobs at those local stores, and empty storefronts.

I have to actually try on a garment most times, and I like to feel the quality, drape and heft of a fabric. Or I want to see the item, see the correct color, inspect it to determine quality.

And guess what? It's NOT free to ship it back and get another size (unless it's shoes from Zappos). So we still need to support our local stores.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:10 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,686,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I try not to shop on Sundays anyway. for differant reasons however

Yup, me too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products