U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:38 PM

2,081 posts, read 4,293,912 times

Advertisements

Hi! In the past, I have only bought Tide because I was convinced Tide works better than most detergents. However, I am finding it has become the most expensive detergent to buy.

I am trying to save on every thing possible these days as money is very tight.

What laundry detergent do you think is worth the money and works very well? Or better yet, do you have one that is a great bargain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 07:57 PM

16,308 posts, read 25,270,527 times
Sam's Club Ecos® Liquid Laundry Detergent - 210oz Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products

Available at other retailers, but we get it at Sam's. Big load in a front loader takes 1 oz. of this detergent.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:01 PM

8,240 posts, read 15,400,350 times
I'm no help, I love the original Tide with Bleach. Have you tried using less?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 PM

159 posts, read 280,331 times
Default which laundry detergent do you like?

I have used Shaklee Liquid L for 18 years! It works better than anything. My son used to be on soccer teams when he was in school. One day we had the kids lined up in their yellow jerseys to take pictures at the end of a season. My son's shirt was the only one that was still bright yellow and not stained! And no...he didn't sit the bench...he played defense all during middle school and high school!

All of the Moms said..."WOW...what detergent do you use?"

Old 07-23-2009, 08:11 PM

2,081 posts, read 4,293,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Sam's Club Ecos® Liquid Laundry Detergent - 210oz Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products

Available at other retailers, but we get it at Sam's. Big load in a front loader takes 1 oz. of this detergent.
I have used Costcos brand Kirkland and liked it but my membership has expired. I don't have a Sams near me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by let it go View Post
I have used Shaklee Liquid L for 18 years! It works better than anything. My son used to be on soccer teams when he was in school. One day we had the kids lined up in their yellow jerseys to take pictures at the end of a season. My son's shirt was the only one that was still bright yellow and not stained! And no...he didn't sit the bench...he played defense all during middle school and high school!

All of the Moms said..."WOW...what detergent do you use?"
Shaklee - never heard of it. Where can I buy it and is it expensive?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:21 PM

159 posts, read 280,331 times
It is a membership based company. I do not sell it, but am a member so my price is 15% less than retail I buy it on line at Shaklee.com. Look under "Products" or "Shop" and go to "Get clean Laundry"
Superconcentrated – one small bottle cleans 32 medium loads, the same number as a 100 ounce bottle of conventional liquid laundry detergent.
You will pay shipping but most time my shipping is split in half as a member.

I love thier products..all super affordable because they are concentrated. They are good for the enviroment...not tested on animals etc. No chemical smell.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:28 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,116,437 times
My wife likes Tide regualr in a normal older type washig amchine.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 PM

12,054 posts, read 20,517,852 times
I switch between Tide, Cheer (I really like Cheer for colors), Gain, and Costco's brand. What I do miss is Lavendar Sachet. Did anyone ever use it? I haven't been able to find it in a long time, and I always thought our clothes smelled so nice when I used it. If you know where to get it, please post. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:43 PM

458 posts, read 1,510,384 times
I love Tide. It's my favorite by far, but it's also the most expensive, so I don't buy it. I bough Costco's Kirkland brand last time because everyone raved about it, but I don't like it. I will probably go back to Gain next time.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 AM

247 posts, read 1,179,040 times
Gain, definitely. Sometimes Walmart runs a sale on it and you can pick up the jumbo bottle for under $10.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products