U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 05:27 PM

4 posts, read 26,995 times

Advertisements

I got caught shoplifting in Sephora for $200. They took me in the back, wrote down all my information and made me sign papers that I did not get copies of. The police got involved and I have a court date on Wednesday. I am only 18 and this is the first time I have done anything illegal. I don't have much money, but should I try for a public defender even though there is evidence against me? What should I say or expect to do in court as this is my first time. Is there anyway I can get this off my permanent record because this can really hurt my future.

Right now in my life I am feeling extremely lonely and vulnerable, my parents are thinking about divorcing and a lot of pressure is put on me. I wasn't thinking but thought that if I had more makeup/ looked better, I wouldn't be lonely anymore. I made a really bad decision and now I am getting punished. Is this something I should tell the judge or will it be used against me?

The person at Sephora said that I would have to pay $50-$500.. So around what should I expect to pay?

Please help.. I really don't know what to do. I live in California if this helps... Has this happened to anyone? If so what did you do/say?

Old 07-25-2009, 05:31 PM

5,008 posts, read 7,955,472 times
I think the mods should delete this thread. This person has copied verbatim another post with the same title.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:33 PM

Yes I know what I did was extremely wrong and I have no other excuses. But right now I don't need any harsh words *please* because I am very ashamed of myself. I just really want some help. I am still young right now and this is such a wake up call for me to really grow up and face the real world.. I don't want a mistake I made as a young person to affect me when I am applying for jobs in the future. I just need a little advice..

Old 07-25-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I think the mods should delete this thread. This person has copied verbatim another post with the same title.
I read the other posts that are similar but I could not find what I was looking for. Also my circumstance is different from theirs.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:06 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,460,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedgirl90 View Post
I just need a little advice..
Short answer...

you did the crime; now do the time.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:39 PM

Caught Stealing $225 @ Macy's--police called--help!

Old 07-25-2009, 06:44 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,457,180 times
yep really sounds like a repeat.

caught shoplifting @ sephora

Maybe we should just cut and paste all the answers.

go here
TEENLINE -:- Teens Helping Teens
or here sound like you might be dpressed and need help.
Suicidal.com - When No One Knows Your Pain - A Place of Hope & Compassion for the Depressed & Suicidal

Shoplifting Addiction; RA's Twelve Step Recovery Program
Welcome to the National Association for Shoplifting Prevention
Welcome to Cleptomainiacs and Shoplifters Anonymous

Last edited by Kerowyn; 07-25-2009 at 06:54 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
yep really sounds like a repeat.

caught shoplifting @ sephora

Maybe we should just cut and paste all the answers.
Exactly!

Old 07-25-2009, 06:59 PM

*sigh* I guess thanks? But like I said before, I felt like my situation was different because of age, and amount.. For the Macys one, the person was not an adult- I am. For the other Sephora one, it was of $500- mine is less. I don't know what is going to happen but I know my case would be different.

This place isn't really helping right now so I guess I don't need anymore comments here.

Just a little comment- I know now that everyone makes mistakes, and there are some people that are just very mean. I mean, if someone is admitting to their faults, saying they are wrong and everything, people shouldn't have such harsh words... It's like beating a person whose already beaten and on the floor... This is not towards anyone in particular or anyone who commented on this entry. Everyone makes mistakes- it's how we learn and we're just humans.

They can take this down if everyone feels like its repudiative.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 PM

15,893 posts, read 15,540,752 times
Admit you stole. Apologize. Switch to Cover Girl. You can buy it at any drug store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products