U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 AM

15,222 posts, read 20,173,597 times

Advertisements

graywolf, I dont know what the current eBay policy is, but I did pay to have 5 negs removed. The seller and I both had to advise eBay that her negs were a mistake and I had to pay $25 to have each one investigated and then removed. As I advised, the negative comments werent removed but the negative ratings were. If you look at my feedback, you can see the five comments and you can see that the type of feedback (positive, neutral, negative) is missing from each one.

Edited to add that I read the policy linked in greywolf's post and my basis for having the five negs let for me is still there:

Feedback ratings and comments may be removed in the following instances:
A member mistakenly leaves negative or neutral Feedback intended for another member, informs eBay of the error, and has placed the same Feedback for the correct member.

There are other reasons for which feedback may be removed identified in that link. As I posted originally, I dont know if eBay would consider removing the OP's feedback; I offered my experience only as an example.

Last edited by TFW46; 07-26-2009 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 PM

14,424 posts, read 21,243,010 times
This clam emailed me two other times today telling me my purse set is fake, blah, blah. I told her to not contact me again until she has the managers note telling me in writing that it isn't fake. I also told her if she sends me another Moderator cut: language removed email that I will report her to ebay for harrassment.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 07-26-2009 at 07:42 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM

Why even respond to her emails? She's already left you the neg.

Did she pay by Paypal? If so, she may file for refund. In that case, your best bet is to respond to her politely but firmly, as curse words wont help your case.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 4,566 times
Tired of ebay fees and issues? Try CaribeBay.com open a store and sell as many items as you like with no listing fees!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:47 AM

4 posts, read 11,833 times
Also can try at cafepress.com. If you really tallented in design this is the best place to make money without cost.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:36 AM

14,424 posts, read 21,243,010 times
OMG the saga continues..She continually sent me dumb emails. She had a change of heart and sent me a email saying that she was sorry about the feedback and didn't know it would be posted for everyone to see. I sent her an email requesting a revision of the feedback. She went and got the purse checked out at a coach store and it was confirmed it was authentic. It was purchased at a coach factory store with the same wallet so it is authentic. She then changed my feedback to a neutral and left bs feedback again. I replied to my feedback and she again replied to my answer. She then started sending me threatening emails about how she was going to bid on my current items and trash me, called me trash, fake and a sick B. I reported her immediately to Ebay and she conveniently changed her Ebay ID name and put her feedback to private. I also discovered that she tried to sell my purse and wallet and someone called her out on it on the listing which she posted like an idiot!!!

I blocked her of course but who's to say that she doesn't make a whole new ebay account and bid on my current items and screw me over again?? Ebay told me to block every bid that only has 0 or 1 feedback. Come on now! Mind you this person is 45 years old!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 08:45 AM

She then changed my feedback to a neutral and left bs feedback again.

How could she possibly have changed your NEGATIVE feedback to NEUTRAL???????????? And all this happened in less than a week????????????? I sympathized with your story originally, but now I wonder how much of it is really true.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:49 AM

247 posts, read 1,178,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
OMG the saga continues..She continually sent me dumb emails. She had a change of heart and sent me a email saying that she was sorry about the feedback and didn't know it would be posted for everyone to see. I sent her an email requesting a revision of the feedback. She went and got the purse checked out at a coach store and it was confirmed it was authentic. It was purchased at a coach factory store with the same wallet so it is authentic. She then changed my feedback to a neutral and left bs feedback again. I replied to my feedback and she again replied to my answer. She then started sending me threatening emails about how she was going to bid on my current items and trash me, called me trash, fake and a sick B. I reported her immediately to Ebay and she conveniently changed her Ebay ID name and put her feedback to private. I also discovered that she tried to sell my purse and wallet and someone called her out on it on the listing which she posted like an idiot!!!

I blocked her of course but who's to say that she doesn't make a whole new ebay account and bid on my current items and screw me over again?? Ebay told me to block every bid that only has 0 or 1 feedback. Come on now! Mind you this person is 45 years old!!!

I feel your pain...I swear there are people out there who don't have lives and can only go to bed at night knowing they've tried to make someone as miserable as them!

You did the right thing, reporting her. Yes, it's true that she can just open up another e-mail account and bid on your items. You can always stipulate that bidders with >5 fb can't bid on your items. But that is a double-edged sword. You will be missing out on a lot of bids for real bidders who have every intention of paying.

Hopefully this 45 year old adolescent will grow up and leave you alone. I suggest that you just ignore her e-mails from now on. Eventually she will go away and pester someone else.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 AM

247 posts, read 1,178,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
She then changed my feedback to a neutral and left bs feedback again.

How could she possibly have changed your NEGATIVE feedback to NEUTRAL???????????? And all this happened in less than a week????????????? I sympathized with your story originally, but now I wonder how much of it is really true.

You can revise feedback. When eBay changed their policies a while back this was one of them.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the info. himain, I apologize. I didnt know you could revise feedback now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products