U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,657,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbyndsea View Post

So now I feel incredibly guilty for complaining to the manager. But at the same time I am still pissed!

Am I just a b$tch?
I wouldn't. They should have scrapped the bs excuse and given you utensils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,657,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I would have done the same thing. The employee was NOT doing her job. The manager needed to know this is how customers are being treated. After all, a dissatisfied customer means likely that customer won't come back and patronize them again.
Which leads to more lost potential customers as news of poor service is spread among acquaintances and others.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM

315 posts, read 850,353 times
This happened to me I went to a chinese restaurant and spent $35 bucks on food and when I got in the car something told me to check and I was right there were no utensils. I went back in to get some and they looked at me like I was trying to rob them. And they only gave me 1 soy sauce. Are you kidding me? For 30 bucks worth of food.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:37 PM

6,022 posts, read 13,691,636 times
no you weren't being a biatch. who is she to assume you were going home to eat? you could have been going to work and eating at a desk

I've noticed that a lot of places are being cheap w/ things that they once gave out freely. maybe it's the recession, IDK. I ordered two meals from McDonald's and got one packet of ketchup. another time at work, I didn't get any at all (apparently they only give them out if people ask, and even then they only give you two). a lot of places aren't giving out utensils anymore which bites b/c I like keeping them at work instead of lugging around actual silverware everywhere. I've been to a few Dunkin Donuts where they now keep the sugar and straws behind the counter so you have to ask for one. and I always used to keep extra sauces from Chinese food takeout places in a drawer, but I don't get as many anymore

I understand costs need to be cut and that there are probably people out there stocking up on this stuff, but IMO, certain things should always be provided, and if a paying customer makes a reasonable request for extras, they should get it

Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 AM

15,566 posts, read 36,933,196 times
Here's something that has always bothered me. Subway. They don't have napkins out like other places. When you get your order to go, they only give you like one napkin. Why so stingy with the napkins? Just give us some already!!!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:45 AM

3,064 posts, read 5,737,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Here's something that has always bothered me. Subway. They don't have napkins out like other places. When you get your order to go, they only give you like one napkin. Why so stingy with the napkins? Just give us some already!!!!!
A tree died for your napkins. Stop being so wasteful.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:14 AM

15,566 posts, read 36,933,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
A tree died for your napkins. Stop being so wasteful.
So, I guess I should just wipe my hands and my mouth on my sleeves like you do?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:05 AM

3,064 posts, read 5,737,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
So, I guess I should just wipe my hands and my mouth on my sleeves like you do?
I sometimes use my socks to wipe my fingers, since they're less visible and I'm going to wash them, anyway.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:38 AM

18,546 posts, read 55,477,958 times
FWIW, napkins are a major controllable expense. In theatres, the napkins (called face and chin napkins because of their small size) sometimes cost more per person than the popcorn bags. There is a natural tendency to grab more than what is really needed. Krystals has started using a napkin dispenser at the counter that is similar to a washroom paper towel dispenser. It has allowed them to upgrade to a better napkin, while cutting costs.

Subway is nuts on their adherence to portion control, which is one reason I rarely get the urge to go there.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:53 PM

6,764 posts, read 19,955,235 times
I have to agree with the majority here and say they were wrong to make such a big issue over a plastic fork/knife.

What if you wanted to go eat in the park or at work (like someone else said) or whatever? The price of your meal should entitle you to some 'cutlery'.

I'd just avoid going there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products