U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 PM

414 posts, read 1,663,207 times

Advertisements

Don't know if anyone knows what kind of action I can take. I switched from AT&T to comcast phone service 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine and I really like the service. Last Saturday, my alarm system started going crazy at 3 a.m. My husband finally got it silenced and I called Brinks on Sunday to check into it. Brinks said I had to contact Comcast because it's their phone line. Well, I set up a service appointment with Comcast for today. The technician was supposed to be here between 4 and 6 p.m. It's now 7:07 p.m. I called the 800 number and they said my technician is in the area, but does not have cell reception so they cannot contact him. The customer service lady said they'd call me as soon as they knew the technician's ETA.

Meanwhile, I left work at 3:45 p.m. in order to be home for my "window." I wasted the last few productive hours of my day waiting on this guy, and he's still not here. What are my rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 06:50 PM

15,240 posts, read 20,192,741 times
You have the right to cancel service as soon as the contract term is over.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 AM

18,546 posts, read 55,477,958 times
You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney, you have the right to view Carmen Miranda. That's about it.

Seriously, tech issues can take a minute or a day. No one knows in advance which. When you get an appointment with a tech in any profession, unless you get the first slot of the day it is a cr*p shoot. That is the way life is.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,443,388 times
I'd say you have the "right" to never schedule a late afternoon/early evening appointment again!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 PM

414 posts, read 1,663,207 times
I called the scheduling company and the customer service rep said the tech wouldn't be able to get to my house until 9 p.m. which was unacceptable. I sent an e-mail to customer service and got a phone call the next day from an account manager. They knocked $40 off my bill and scheduled me for the first appointment of the day on Monday. They came today and it was fine. Thanks for the comments.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:04 PM

17 posts, read 98,663 times
After numerous attempts to get them working on my own using the guides that came with the boxes, I had a tech come out over the weekend to get my digital adapters working (turns out Comcast had sent me defective boxes). Well, as the guy was trying to get behind my TV stand to look at the jacks, he broke my TV stand, which caused the TV to nearly fall off and crash to the floor. When I confronted him about it, he denied it, saying he absolutely didn't do anything to it and that the TV stand was fine. I was present, as was a relative, when he broke it, so I know he's lying to protect himself. I called Comcast while the tech was still there and opened a damages claim since fighting with the guy would just turn into a he-said/she-said battle. Still waiting for a supervisor to contact me about coming out to assess the damage.

Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation about trying to get credited for damages? What was your outcome?

Old 10-07-2009, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 8,487 times
The best thing you can do is use your copy and paste controls on your computer. Paste, paste and repaste your complaints with comcast on every complaint board and every Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce you can. Comcast may finally realize that they cannot stay in business with a terrible reputation. Consumers have NEVER had so much POWER before due to the economic crisis we're all in. Companies simply cannot afford to give terrible service anymore and Comcast has taken HUGE hits due to the economic crisis. .

Old 10-07-2009, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 8,487 times
When you call Comcast 'Customer Service' - that person is snippy, rude and treats you like you're bothering them. Multiple calls finally get to the supervisor I request at the first sign of rudeness and they ALWAYS promise to "talk with that person." NOT! Because it keeps happening. Today's jerk was employee identifier "orlofs" in the Orlando call center. I am making multiple BBB complaints about the rude treatment. Those BBB complaints get logged and are permenant. If we all did that, call centers would not keep rude employees.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:00 AM

7,139 posts, read 13,298,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBloom View Post
When you call Comcast 'Customer Service' - that person is snippy, rude and treats you like you're bothering them. Multiple calls finally get to the supervisor I request at the first sign of rudeness and they ALWAYS promise to "talk with that person." NOT! Because it keeps happening. Today's jerk was employee identifier "orlofs" in the Orlando call center. I am making multiple BBB complaints about the rude treatment. Those BBB complaints get logged and are permenant. If we all did that, call centers would not keep rude employees.

I have Comcast and not totally happy with them either. They are snippy and rude, untrained, etc. So every few months I call and complain mightily, then get whatever their new "promo" rate is, as they are WAY too costly for the service.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:50 AM

6,764 posts, read 19,955,235 times
I hate their rate hikes!
I am a loyal customer who has no options (apart from satellite). I don't want to pay this much anymore for cable (tv sucks anyhow)/phone/internet.

I just want internet and to get a phone that works via my cable.
Any thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products