Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:06 AM

426 posts, read 1,282,300 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone has actually ordered these and what they thought of them. Do they work any better than plastic ones you would buy? Thanks. Any comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 7,628 times
Default Do Always Fresh containers work?

From: [url=http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_Always_Fresh_containers_work]WikiAnswers - Do Always Fresh containers work[/url]

Do Always Fresh containers work?
No they don't! Always Fresh Containers are flimsy and cheaply made. They lack durability and you can't see what's inside very well because of the solid cover and dark green sides. The biggest knock is that they rotted the broccoli, celery and cauliflower I stored in them in record time. I had much better performance out of a zip lock bag! I followed the instructions that require the stored items to be 'moisture free', but this was a major hassle as anything sealed up and put in a fridge will suffer from condensation. This is the worst product we've purchased in years. Don't be fooled by the infomercial! Don't waste your money!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:11 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,300 times
Default containers

Thanks for the rep and the answer. I had forgotten I even posted. Sorry that you got fleeced. I bought those green bags and my boyfriend thinks they work, but I think any bag would be jsut the same. I never trust those tv ads myself.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:45 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,460,704 times
I prefer the Debbie Meyer 'green bags' myself. I think they do an awesome job of keeping fruits and veggies fresh.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,414,293 times
Thanks for the advice, drx. I was going to buy some of those Always Fresh containers. It's always good to read a real review instead of what may be posted on the net by the company itself.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 7,386 times
These bowls were a JOKE, that I didn't find funny. Unfortunately I hadn't thought ahead to read reviews on them and didn't find this site until after. I didn't order mine from the infomercial but found them being sold at "Dollar General" for $10.00 a set. That probably should have sent the warning signals off in my brain but the prospect of ease must have hit the kill switch. They are cheaply made and do NOT hold the food any longer than normal in my oppinion. I will stick to my Foodsaver (that I swear by), dehydrater and freezer for long lasting storage. I was just hoping that I had found something that was time and user friendly. Guess Mom was right "when it sounds too good to be true it usually is". I hate it when she's right! LOL!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:29 AM

3 posts, read 15,442 times
I actually had a different experience with Always Fresh containers. They have prolonged the lifecycle of the vegetables that's been stored in them. I would highly recommend them as I have been using mine for over 3 weeks and they have kept nearly everything I bought fresh.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 15,442 times
Try buying only the original Always Fresh containers. They work very well. Enjoy!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,191 times
Nice to meet all of you and i really want to learn more things from here.
This is the frist time to join in here. If i have any mistake pls let me know.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 7,153 times
Question Question about Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
I prefer the Debbie Meyer 'green bags' myself. I think they do an awesome job of keeping fruits and veggies fresh.
Hi,
Do you find the bags working over and over again? I've used 2 of mine, washed them, then they've sat unused for several months.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products