U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:26 PM

275 posts, read 664,240 times

Advertisements

I had bad experience with them as well, even though I have never visited their stores. Out of the blue they started calling my cell, sometimes 2-3 times per day with pre-recordered message that they are looking for "good people to join their staff". I was not able to stop it for couple of weeks, if not longer. I think they are like "Enterprise"(car rental).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:22 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,574,640 times
my brother and cousin rent from this place and another one like it, they rent the stuff then sell it for drugs, they get in trouble then somehow are able to keep on doing it.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 AM

10 posts, read 25,135 times
We know that for every merchant and shopkeeper, customer is god for them. So always try to satisfied your customers.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 602 times
I have a major problem with RAC. I dont have an account with them but 2 of my friends do. I let one of my friends use me and my mom as a reference for a tv he was renting. I lived in an apt building and so did my 2 friends but we lived in seperate apts. Just recently i moved out to another part of town and so did my 2 friends about 2 weeks after i left. I dont know what happened to the tv but RAC has been calling me off the hook looking for one of my friends whom i guess took off with the tv. I dont have a problem with that because its between them and my friend. Well heres where the problems begin .... Before i moved, my friend allowed me to put the electricity in his name in my new place. He did not move with me. Since then , i dont know how RAC knows this but they found out that his name was associated with my new place. Theyve came here looking for him, calling me a thousand times, calling my mom all the time. I had it out with RAC and told them he doesnt live in my place. Now RAC has done 2 things to make me miserable. They actually called my landlord and told them about my friend and what he did and they told him they saw his name on the mailbox. My landlord chewed me out and i got into a fight with him. Unbelieveable, i just moved in here and now RAC has caused problems. Another thing RAC did was after i moved here, these new tenants moved in upstairs 2 weeks after i got here. Well what do u know, RAC was here the day they moved in and RAC was delivering furniture upstairs, which is fine , but what they did next was something i didnt expect. RAC told MY NEIGHBORS , that in my apt there was someone who might be living there that owed them either a tv or whatever. This is unacceptable. RAC HAS NO AUTHORITY to tell anyone!! about anyones accounts outside the rental agreement between RAC and the customer itself!! They have told my neighbors, my landlord about my friend and that he stole a tv and theres a warrant out for his arrest and etc. I called the corporate offices in Texas to complain , i told them what happened and they said they would have someone call me back in 24 hours or less. I have not gotten that call back. Is there something i can do for what RAC has caused me to deal with such harrassment and mental trauma??

Old 07-06-2013, 04:55 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,072,495 times
You did a scam on electric company on your friend living there and now someone he owes has reasonably believes he does. Let me guess; you owe the electric company.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:32 PM

15,227 posts, read 20,173,597 times
Sorry, kidajonni, I agree with texdav. Your calling RAC's actions unethical is like Pot. Kettle. Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products