U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 03:17 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,030,334 times

Advertisements

I need new ink .... am willing to go online as stores don't carry mine anymore.

But do discounters sell real ones?

As in....are they half full? I don't see ink sold by the ounce so are some providing more ink than others?

Which stores do you use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 7,589,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
I need new ink .... am willing to go online as stores don't carry mine anymore.

But do discounters sell real ones?

As in....are they half full? I don't see ink sold by the ounce so are some providing more ink than others?

Which stores do you use?
These days I just buy at Costco the original brand HP for my HP printer. The non-brand ones are in generic clone cartridges or refurbished cartridges. So the ink is full, but the ink comes from other 3rd party companies that are trying to copy the quality of the original ink. Some are good, while others are so-so or poor. To be safe, I would just try to find some at an office supply store. I did see some remanufactured HP cartridges at Office Depot (Staples, Office Max, etc...). So they are reusing HP cartridges and refilling them with their 3rd party ink.

Canon seems to be the easiest to get good 3rd party ink, because the cartridges are a little simpler.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 AM

7,774 posts, read 13,226,987 times
We saw a lady buying a new printer a while back. Said hers is fine but it's cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to pay the price for the ink cartridge. If that aint crazy I don't know what is!
We bought that Kodak ESP 7 all in one wireless printer. The ink cartridges are less than $20 and last quite a while. My wife printed out some family tree booklets for our family reunion (around 80 booklets, 8 pages each) and I think she still has ink left in the second cartridge she bought.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:44 AM

414 posts, read 1,663,207 times
For work, we use a local business that refills our printer ink for us. They refill and deliver. Not sure what kind of quantity you're looking for, but I would check with local businesses. They have more at stake to give good customer service and quality products.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:58 AM

10,753 posts, read 18,010,478 times
If you ever added up what your paying per gallon for your printer ink you'd toss the printer, $2000 or more per gallon isn't unheard of. Color lasers are cheap enough now. I haven't owned an inkjet printer in 10 years as I refuse to blow my cash on overpriced refills.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:59 PM

19,137 posts, read 19,981,489 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products