Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:03 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranrich View Post
I can't believe I just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading this thread!

I can't be people waste any part of their life going in Walmart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,782 times
Banks want my money to lend my money to others or even back to myself. At least,Walmart wants me to buy my necessities.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,183 times
Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And my point is Walmart wants you to SPEND that cashed check in their store. That's part of the plan
What? Walmart wants you to spend money at their store? Those bastards. Of course they want you to spend that cashed check there. Why else would they offer the service? So what bank is open on Memorial Day weekend? Please tell me, I would LOVE to know. The interstate was backed up on Friday so, I couldn't get to the bank. Looks like I'm going to Walmart to cash my paycheck. So, am I in danger of spending all my hard earned money before I walk out of the store? Or can I go ahead and get dog food and cat food while I'm there so I don't have to stop again. If this is your only point, then their "plan" is already obvious.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,183 times
Default Lol

Quote:
I can't be people waste any part of their life going in Walmart
You can't be people? How do you be people? I can't be people can't type. This is hilarious. Walmart never gave me a $10,000 loan at a great interest rate but if you can't get to the bank before it closes then it's really your best bet. I don't know where you bank, but mine doesn't operate on weekends or holidays and it's State Employees Credit Union. Maybe you should start cashing checks? That way no one is in danger of "wasting" their life at Walmart. How much of your life did you waste showing everyone how ignorant you are in this thread? Do the math.

Last edited by Linkmeup; 05-28-2011 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: I spelled thread wrong.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:46 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkmeup View Post
You can't be people? How do you be people? I can't be people can't type. This is hilarious. Walmart never gave me a $10,000 loan at a great interest rate but if you can't get to the bank before it closes then it's really your best bet. I don't know where you bank, but mine doesn't operate on weekends or holidays and it's State Employees Credit Union. Maybe you should start cashing checks? That way no one is in danger of "wasting" their life at Walmart. How much of your life did you waste showing everyone how ignorant you are in this thread? Do the math.
I refuse to fall into the trap

Old 05-28-2011, 08:49 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,610,333 times
Quote:
And my point is Walmart wants you to SPEND that cashed check in their store. That's part of the plan
Of coursethey would like you to spend moeny buying something . Banks want you to have a account there to hold your money.No service is really provided for free;someone pays.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:06 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,538,794 times
Quote:
LOL, anyone see this dumb a$$ commercial which is a obvious attempt to get you to spend money in their store after that check is cashed-lol

What fool would go out of their way to cash a paycheck at Walmart with all the banks in the world? I have seen it all now,
walmart also sells all your personal information, it works great for them on both ends.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:18 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,620,862 times
Quote:
LOL, anyone see this dumb a$$ commercial which is a obvious attempt to get you to spend money in their store after that check is cashed-lol

What fool would go out of their way to cash a paycheck at Walmart with all the banks in the world? I have seen it all now.
way, way old thread....
it used to be common practice for grocery stores to cash payroll checks
for ZERO in fee's.

WalMart can charge $3.00 because banks will charge even more...
to people who don't have accounts or don't / can't wait for float etc.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,455 times
People are so stupid that its not even worth replying to them, but I can't help it! Everyone "especially" the elderly, don't feel that their money is safe in a bank so they prefer to be paid by check and keep their money in their home, not a good idea but thats the way some folks are! Others just like receiving a payroll check like they did before all of this electronic B.S of today, where if something goes wrong with their computer you wont have your money in your account anyways until the "problem" with "their computerr system is resolved" Lastly, Walmart charges $3 to cash your check, payroll, government, personal ect....You can spend your money with them or any where here in the U.S that you want to spend it! I dont care what they want you to do after you cash your check, they are not going to hold you hostage in the store until you spend your money.....Dayuuuum!!!!

Old 09-22-2011, 02:35 PM

10,105 posts, read 19,331,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
way, way old thread....
it used to be common practice for grocery stores to cash payroll checks
for ZERO in fee's.

WalMart can charge $3.00 because banks will charge even more...
to people who don't have accounts or don't / can't wait for float etc.

You have to have good credit to open a checking account at a bank, also, a permanent address, instate driver's license, many people don't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products