U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:40 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,934,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Since my daughter is to young to really get me something for Mothers Day, I told her to tell her dad that he can move us to Colorado for my Mothers Day present. I would love that!!!!!!!!!
YM.. That's a great idea.

Have you seen the commercial where the woman wants new floors but doesn't know how to tell the husband so the kid yells from the bottom of the stairs "DAD, MOM WANTS NEW FLOORS".

Then, you hear the kid yelling from the top of the stairs (after they got the new floors) "MOM, DAD WANTS A NEW BIKE".

Not a bad idea to get the kids to do the dirty work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I don't care much about the present, I owuld just like to have a nice day with the family. My parents, my kids, my brother, his wife and kids. We all live close, so I'm thinking of having a simple BBQ. I'll have to do the work, but who cares!
My husband wants to do a BBQ for us. My mother, me, and the other folks we sometimes get together with (usually in my house with ME doing all the set up, cleaning up, etc.)

I don't really care about a present either but my son is a little, shall we say "forgetful" about things and I think it's nice for them to be aware that there are special occasions that they need to go a little out of their way for someone.

When he was little, even a card or drawing he would make at school was fine but there needs to be some acknowledgement.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:46 AM

Dukester2, you're terrible. You know EXACTLY what your mother has been wanting all her life! :-)

I can think of a couple of people very close to me who will agree with you big time! :-))

You actually have VERY good ideas. We might go out too for "brunch" type thing but my mother loves gambling and she's always buying lotto stuff. You've given me a wonderful idea for her. A bunch of scratch off tickets! She'll love it. She also likes to go to the Miccosukee Indian Resort we have here. If I give her $50 bucks, she'll be at one of those machines for ever. The biggest problem there, it's I'll need another $100 for myself. Think my husband will have to take care of that one for me. :-))

They also have a nice restaurant at the resort and two others with buffet. It's pretty good.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:53 AM

926 posts, read 1,357,217 times
Quote:
Dukester2, you're terrible. You know EXACTLY what your mother has been wanting all her life! :-)
A normal son??

By the way, Mom is 5'2" and I am 6', but I think she can still use the Calloways if she chokes up a little.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:53 AM

18,434 posts, read 29,907,607 times
my dh says... you're not MY mother...

Old 05-05-2007, 08:07 AM

926 posts, read 1,357,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
my dh says... you're not MY mother...
But you are the mother of his children. Tell your DH that you will remember that the next time his clothes need laundered, food prepared, taking care of him when he is sick...all the things that, 'MOTHER', used to do. Also tell him that on the kids birthdates that you feel that you should be the one for the celebration, because it was YOU who was in labor...the kids just came along for the ride. I still get my ex-wife a present for Mothers Day. I think I'll get her a new mens bowling ball this year, and when she's not using it, I will

Happy early Mothers Day, cinderobyn

Old 05-05-2007, 06:41 PM

2,833 posts, read 9,856,084 times
I would love a pedicure or maincure gift certificate because I'm too cheep to pay for something I can do myself!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,391 times
Looking for a great Mother's day gift idea? Why not give her an [url=http://www.austinstarmap.com]Austin Star Map[/url it's a great way to spend the day with mom and see the town together. It's also a very unique gift idea that she'll just love.

Last edited by Ya_Got_Me; 05-06-2008 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products