Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:53 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,114,595 times

Advertisements

Mother's Day is just around the corner.

I "hinted" to my son, actually smacked him in the arm with
"By the way, since Mother's Day is next weekend, I like nice chocolates. A nice box with a variety of dark, white, milk chocolate and truffles. Lots of Truffles!" and I made sure he heard the part about "I don't want cheap ones from Walgreen's"! He's too old for "it's the thought that counts"

What ideas do you have for things to do that day, places to go, gifts. Will you have any special requests? Help me out, maybe I can "hint" at something else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 08:29 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,149,450 times
We are taking my mother in law to Mother's Day brunch at the country club. She rarely eats out, so it will be a nice treat for her.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:35 PM

926 posts, read 1,457,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
We are taking my mother in law to Mother's Day brunch at the country club. She rarely eats out, so it will be a nice treat for her.
I'm getting my mother a new set of Callaway Golf clubs. She has never played golf, so when she isn't using them, I'll borrow them.

Seriously, I'll do my ritual...take her out for dinner and get her $150.00 worth of lottery tickets. She LOVES to scratch the tickets and won't do it if anyone is around...lol. I think she make worry that if she won someone would ask her for some money or something. She's so cute

Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,418,213 times
My girls usually take me to lunch. It embarrasses me for them to make a fuss over mothers day or my b'day. We see each other about every day and live close..I am just thankful that we are so close..My husband always gets me a hanging basket..My son who is five hours away always calls,and the grandchildren are extra nice...I am truly blessed!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2007, 09:13 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,728,922 times
I don't care much about the present, I owuld just like to have a nice day with the family. My parents, my kids, my brother, his wife and kids. We all live close, so I'm thinking of having a simple BBQ. I'll have to do the work, but who cares!

Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,162,354 times
Since my daughter is to young to really get me something for Mothers Day, I told her to tell her dad that he can move us to Colorado for my Mothers Day present. I would love that!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2007, 10:39 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,695,631 times
I'm buying my wife a very nice frame that has an insert for two photos of our kids. The saying that will be inscribed goes something like: When you teach your children; you teach their children

Old 05-05-2007, 12:01 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,131,120 times
Last year I gave my mom $40 so that she could take my kids to the store to get me a gift, as they were worried that I would see it if I took them. My mom took them for fast food and kept the change.

I like the scratch off idea. Think I will get her a bunch of tix.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Last year I gave my mom $40 so that she could take my kids to the store to get me a gift, as they were worried that I would see it if I took them. My mom took them for fast food and kept the change.

I like the scratch off idea. Think I will get her a bunch of tix.

hahahahahahaha. That is SOOOO funny. Your mom is a trip!

Old 05-05-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I'm buying my wife a very nice frame that has an insert for two photos of our kids. The saying that will be inscribed goes something like: When you teach your children; you teach their children

Hoosssss. That's good!

When Father's Day rolls around, I think I'll send YOU a frame so you can put MY yesteryear pic in there! LOLLL
It doesn't matter that you're not my father. That's just a little technicality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products