Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:49 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times

Advertisements

This may be the "bizarre thread of the day".

Still the OP has one valid point. Money is filthy. One should always wash or disinfect one's hands after handling cash. Doesn't matter if the last person to touch that dollar bill was a random homeless guy or Warren Buffett---wash your hands!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 12:31 PM

589 posts, read 7,646,045 times
Default A short note from one of the unworthy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
...Still the OP has one valid point. Money is filthy. One should always wash or disinfect one's hands after handling cash. Doesn't matter if the last person to touch that dollar bill was a random homeless guy or Warren Buffett---wash your hands!
I don't think the anger raised in this thread was caused so much by the remarks about possible sanitation issues with the currency as it was the "What happened to the days when homeless people weren't allowed to enter stores?" comment.

Looking down from the OP's much Holier-Than-Thou position upon the great unwashed masses proliferating our (otherwise quite civilized) society the OP takes it upon himself/herself to pass judgement over whom should be permitted to go to select public places and whom should not. But mayhaps this individual should be concerned about contracting possible infections for another reason, I'm told that it is a rather unsanitary and bacterial infested place where the OP presently has his/her head stuck.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:45 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,998,346 times
Default Things the OP needs to think about, and obsess over

I want the OP to think about the clothing that the homeless person tried on but put back on the rack, and about the can of soda that their hand touched before it touched the OP's lips, or about the public toilet seat that the OP's godly butt just sat upon, or the door handle that the homeless person touched, or the air that the homeless person was breathing in the same store. Please concentrate on these things, try to obsess on them.

Since I may sometimes look like a homeless person when I'm fixing up the house or doing yard work, I am fearful of people like the OP seeing me in public. So I want the OP to think real hard about ever going out into public for the reasons I stated in the first paragraph. Think more about all those things that might be crawling down the homeless person's pant leg and over toward you.

Now I can rest easier believing the OP will become a recluse so I can stop to get a can of soda the next time I'm returning from hauling a load of junk to the dump without fear that the OP may attack me from behind.

On the other hand maybe the OP can look online for a few coupons to get a few bars of cheap soap.

But for the grace of g*d...

Old 10-01-2009, 02:45 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,125,492 times
co, I wouldn't worry about that.

They might sully themself by addressing you in such a manner (whether by fist or 10 foot pole).

You don't know what cooties you might give them!!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:54 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
In all the time I have been on the City-data site, that is probably the most offensive post I have ever read. I just hope that you were not serious.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,125,492 times
I guess you weren't here for the Arian Nation reunion tour?

(I hate Illinois Nazis... )

Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,230,661 times
I didn't realize to what degree uncivilized rabble use these forums. You people disgust me.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:04 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times
^^ As you do us.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:08 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,290,315 times
Well! Isn't that calling a spade a spade! LOL!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
What? You'd you be shocked if you found they weren't at all homeless
and in fact quite well off, you can't always judge a book by its cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
I really hate it when I'm in a store where there's one register open, and there's a homeless person in line ahead of me. What if I receive change, and some of it is from the money the homeless person used to pay. How exactly do I handle that? Do I need to take a can of disinfectant with me in order to sanitize some of the money I'm handed back? What happened to the days when homeless people weren't allowed to enter stores?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products