U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,749,614 times

Advertisements

I do this but it does not go on the floor. I master the art of putting food in my mouth by 3. I also hate it when people make a mess for the workers. Sorry but I am not cool with people beasting out on food so hard it goes all over the place no matter where they are. And yeh..I say something to the person doing it if they are near me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 AM

522 posts, read 580,371 times
Perhaps life in a bubble dome with no human contact would be preferable.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,030,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Unless people are eating and burping or throwing food at me, I really don't care. It's between them and the store management. I do have understanding- sometimes people are super hungry, pregnant, diabetic, hypoglecemic, etc...it's not for me to judge.

Guilty!

I have experienced panic attacks in grocery stores and malls (crazy- I know). I used to go to the all night store at 3 am so as to avoid the stress. But I can't leave my youngest daughter alone (oldest sibling moved away from home) so I have to wait til she goes to school.

But at 7:30am is a good time to go. But sometimes I have to prepare- something to drink and some crackers or something.

So for me, sorry to look so bad. But I do try to avoid busy times.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:51 AM

1,947 posts, read 4,271,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
Perhaps life in a bubble dome with no human contact would be preferable.
Could you feed me a link to this bubble you speak of ^^^

Cause I find some of you repulsive,disgusting,dispicaple filty animals

Old 10-27-2009, 10:16 AM

3,000 posts, read 3,130,179 times
Would that same guy "slobbering" over his ice cream bar not offend you if he was outside the store? Who could you blame if you stepped in the pool of sugary mess? Would you run up to the man and berate him for eating an ice cream bar and having it drip down to the pavement?

Old 10-27-2009, 03:59 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,302,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
This evening I had the displeasure of waiting behind a slob who could not wait to get out of the store with his box of chocolate covered ice cream bars, so while in line he removed one from the box and began eating it. In the process, he slobbered a bit of chocolate and ice cream onto his shirt, then onto the floor. Although aware of the occurrence, he left the bit of chocolate and ice cream on the floor to melt and create a little puddle of sugary slop. I carefully avoided the mess and warned the customer behind me to do the same; then after I notified the cashier of the problem so it could be attended to by an employee.

Is anybody else annoyed by people who cannot wait to get out of the store before tearing into some food purchase, and who then slobber ice cream, crumbs, juice, or whatever on the floor? What happened to at least attempting to not be an uncouth slob whilst out shopping for groceries and such, and especially not making a mess some poor employee needs to take the time to clean up, when the situation could be avoided by exercising just a little class and consideration for others?
I have one for you.

I'm in construction and years ago this guy comes and cleans the port-a-potty on the job site while eating his lunch at the same time.

Talk about nasty, he had the hose in one hand and his food in the other just cleaning and munching away.

busta

Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 AM

2,245 posts, read 3,626,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Would that same guy "slobbering" over his ice cream bar not offend you if he was outside the store? Who could you blame if you stepped in the pool of sugary mess? Would you run up to the man and berate him for eating an ice cream bar and having it drip down to the pavement?
Did you not read the second paragraph of the original post?

Old 10-28-2009, 06:24 AM

3,000 posts, read 3,130,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
Did you not read the second paragraph of the original post?
Did you not come up with a retort for my question?

Old 10-28-2009, 11:11 AM

3,628 posts, read 9,285,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Could you feed me a link to this bubble you speak of ^^^

Cause I find some of you repulsive,disgusting,dispicaple filty animals
oh, i see you are also offended by homeless people in the store like our OP friend here?

sorry, I can't take the OP seriously after reading his/her other ridiculous post.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:11 PM

8,648 posts, read 15,472,858 times
I like to my grill with me when food shopping, I'll throw a couple of t-bones on and finish shopping while they cook...when they are almost finished I head over to the produce section and make me a salad to go with the steaks...I've only spilled the A-1 once...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products