U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 07:41 AM

454 posts, read 1,259,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Totally a random thought on my part but have you considered maybe perhaps asking the women you're planning on proposing to which SHE likes best?
No.
this is obviously a surprise....

duh!

no but i understand what you mean.......i thought about giving her a fake one for the 'show' and then let her choose later on....but i decided against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 07:48 AM

13,293 posts, read 13,000,763 times
I'm so glad my girlfriend is like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I would choose no ring at all. I'd rather have a nice honeymoon trip to remember than a ring for which I paid two or three times the true value.
There are enough important things to stress out about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleenex View Post
#1, 2, or 3 please!

if your answer is 'neither' or any option other than the 3 above, you are either not paying attention to the question or have no valuable information for me. just move on!
1. The economy needs as much of your money as it can get

Old 11-13-2009, 08:03 AM

9,912 posts, read 12,587,425 times
Quote:

Thanks.

I know what you mean.....actually, the one that's 1000 (#3) is the prettiest one! i don't know why but it's the shiniest of them all and if i don't put them side by side, its size seems nice and big. (that's what she said)
so i may just go with option #3. i just don't know why a 'near colorless' would look shinier than a 'colorless F'?!!! maybe the lighting at the store?!
It sounds like #3 is the one then.

I have no clue about diamonds and I wouldn't be able to tell a near colourless from a colourless one. Not being able to see them they all sound very similar to me so I'd choose #3 based on price alone. If you think it's the one that looks the prettiest as well then I say go for it.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:06 AM

3,968 posts, read 7,682,657 times
wasn't there more of this thread ?
has it been attacked by the moderators, or am i mixing threads up ??

Old 11-13-2009, 10:01 AM

3,258 posts, read 8,116,096 times
I believe you should get the best quality diamond for your budget. There isn't that much of a difference in the size of any of these. Did she ask for white gold?
I also prefer platinum, and a lot of jewelers have theirs on clearance because the prices have gone up and they just aren't selling.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:02 AM

373 posts, read 229,275 times
No brainer: option 3.

I say the bigger the better.

They are similar enough in quality.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:06 AM

454 posts, read 1,259,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by favoured View Post
No brainer: option 3.

I say the bigger the better.

They are similar enough in quality.

i'm confused.....
Option 3 is the smallest.....

Old 11-13-2009, 10:07 AM

298 posts, read 905,182 times
#3 sounds best but here is something to think about. I have a white gold ring and it will turn yellow gold slowly. Ask the jeweler about that. I was told after the fact that it can be coated again, of course at cost to me.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:08 AM

24,671 posts, read 59,675,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
wasn't there more of this thread ?
has it been attacked by the moderators, or am i mixing threads up ??
He has another thread going entitled, "Which of these rings do you think would be a better deal?"

Old 11-13-2009, 11:21 AM

457 posts, read 767,462 times
Quote:
Options:

#1 .58 Ct, colorless (F), I(1), round set in white gold $1800 after taxes

#2 .50 Ct, colorless (F), I(1), round set in white gold $1400 after taxes

#3 .48 Ct, nearcolorless (H), I(2), round set in white gold $1000 after taxes

All are certified.

one from Kay, one from Shaws, one from Zeals

I'd have to see them to help you pick one...in person. I don't know how much homework you've done on this, but this may shed some light. The I(1) and I(2) has to do with how well you can see the natural inclusions in the stone. In both of these, it means that inclusions are easily visible to the naked eye. Seems like you get the F and H. As far as appearance of the stone, the H may reflect more light than the F due to the facets and other things about the cut. I would say that the stone reflecting and sparkling the most, has the best cut, and is a deeper stone than the others. If a stone is shallow, it will not reflect the light as well.

Hope this helps some...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products