Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 05:45 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,711,752 times

Advertisements

How about you? What was your experience?

AAFES on military base opened at 0400, got there at 0330 and the line was out the door into the parking lot.

So much for being an early bird!

They gave out 'tickets' as you walked in for the items and only those w/ tickets got to purchase them....the tickets ran out before we got to the door....oh well. We did not, repeat...DID NOT buy anything else. Saying was that retailers wanted to get as many people in the stores so they would buy the more expensive items because they'd rationalize they waited for an hour or more and "it's only 50 bucks more" and then splurge.

Oh well! Live and learn....be there by midnight!

Did anyone get any of the good stuff? How early did you get there? Was there a crowd?

Fill us in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,933,045 times
I went to a Target, the line was out the door, they opened up the store, and next thing I know, everyone tried to bumrush the store, literally the back of the line became the front! The State police took the most animated guy, and made him wait for the end of the line!

I guess he didn't learn that in elementary school "no pushing in line!"

Anyway, same old story ten cheap flat screens, 100 people. My main argument is, that Target didn't give away tickets, and they hid the cheap TV's away from where they actually were, so while most of the crowd went to the back of the store, those in the "know" went directly to the area, so you had literally 5 people who were together buying 5 seperate TV's, not cool

One lady even called her son to come inside the store to pay for a second TV, at the point I went home and got back in bed

I might try Toys R us later, but I have a feeling anything worth buying is already gone

Old 11-27-2009, 04:51 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,364 times
I got a lot of good stuff. For myself, I got:

A small crock pot (I really needed this - $4 at Walmart)
Blanket
Griddle
Hat, glove, and scarf set
2 scrub tops for work
A vest/jacket
Another heavier jacket
A new winter coat
A sweater
Food processor
Panini press

My daughters got:

Multiple items of clothing
A mini laptop
Shoes
Jewelry
A notebook/planner
Purses

Target was a total wash. Well, I did get the vest from there. Everywhere else we went was crowded but well managed.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:21 PM

247 posts, read 1,289,870 times
Went to Walmart at 6:30, it was pretty picked over but got some Blu-Ray movies and XBox 360 games for $10/each. Plus a few other odds and ends. Then went to Brandsmart at 7:30 and they had everything in stock we wanted except one thing (which we got a raincheck for) They had the best deals and although it was extremely busy, we still had salesmen helping us and answering our questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products