U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 AM

3,790 posts, read 7,801,846 times

Advertisements

It is good to see the old bait and switch scam still around today. You see, we didn't need an LCD tv. We didn't need a $199 laptop with zero memory. We didn't even need a China-made $5 wrench set.

We NEED (not want) some new clothes. When you are new parents, you tend to put your child first (rightfully so) and buy them stuff before yourself, so our clothes are fairly are in need of replacement. I was not going to stay up all night or get up at the arse crack of dawn to fight traffic and a bunch of yahoo's. I kept hearing how there will be all sorts of online deals. Ok...I try Sears.com where I purchase most of my work jeans and some shirts. They had their brand, Canyon River Blues, on sale for $10/pair. I select a few pair and try to add to my cart only for this to pop up: "This item is not available in the Fit/Color/Waist Size/Inseam you have selected." So I then go to a higher dollar pair...no luck. I go to a few higher pairs and then they have them in stock. I then find out from someone who works with Sears that some stores have only two pairs of sale jeans per each size and carry a high number of their higher dollar jeans.

I am glad I didn't get suckered into purchasing higher dollar pairs. How many people did fall for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products