U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:18 AM

19,899 posts, read 16,141,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
K-mart is famous for not having there sale times in stock ands then not actaully gettting them when you have rain ticket. You usually have to go back;they didn't get it in then say you still want it at which time they order it. Sears has been a scam store for year.
I must have extremely good luck, i thought i was seeing things, when online i found some really nice Ceiling fans from K-mart online, REG PRICE WAS $99.99 on sale for $5.00 thought my eyes were playing those famous tricks on me. So i put one in the cart to see what would happen, it showed a $5.00 price, needless to say at that price, I bought 10 of them and I know, sold them at a garage sale for $25.00 a piece, i was quite happy. Sold them all, one guy bought 3. Never had i a problem seeing a sale price at K-mart and not getting the item, now sometimes they really are out of stock a lot, daughter use to work there 4 years ago. So many of the stores today, do get you in on sales on a pretense. Sometimes the sale items, don't even look like a sale, and i make sure to tell the Managers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,067 times
I purchased my wife a GPS kit on Sears Website the total was $128.00. The large box showed up with the wrong mount, the correct cable and no GPS. I contacted Sears they blamed it on a drop shipper. I was not told, "we will send one out" I was told, wait for 30 days to pass and call us back. I replied hell no, it is Christmas in the Christian world and this is a Christmas present for my wife. After receiving the runaround I was told we will look into it! I was also told I would receive an Email. The next night I still had not received an Email, so I filed a complaint with my credit card. The next evening I had an Email stating they would look into it and it may take up to 15 days for them to respond to me. By the time this screw up is corrected Christmas will have past. If we fix it at all. Avoid Sears this Christmas Season. Put them were they belong, out of business!

Last edited by CyberEngineer; 12-02-2011 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Website advertisement was removed!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,067 times
Default Some Times a Deal is Not a Deal

I wish now that I had not bothered with Sears. I can get the same items from Ebay... It is terrible when a guy selling stuff out of his garage is more reliable than a company like Sears.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:56 AM

40,076 posts, read 48,987,760 times
Sears had been riding on their laurels for many many years based on their quality of goods and service 30-40+ years ago when they had little or no competition and served our parents and grandparents well. With competition and their outsourcing of products they have failed to keep up with the quality of their products and have totally lost their service mentality.
And the stupidest thing they did was merge with the loser K-Mart.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:58 AM

114,221 posts, read 55,097,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Sears had been riding on their laurels for many many years based on their quality of goods and service 30-40+ years ago when they had little or no competition and served our parents and grandparents well. With competition and their outsourcing of products they have failed to keep up with the quality of their products and have totally lost their service mentality.
And the stupidest thing they did was merge with the loser K-Mart.
So true! Not just being bought out by K-Mart (FAIL) I still can't believe this wasn't the other way around! But, all the Chinese crap they're selling... Pitiful, all the pride of then past is gone.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:35 PM

8,265 posts, read 18,721,748 times
Gee, I always thought it was Sears that bought K-Mart. Sears used to be such a huge conglomerate.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 12-04-2011 at 07:58 PM..

Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM

16,646 posts, read 21,307,207 times
As dismal as these two companies are these days, I still support them when I shop, but the list of items I buy seems to dwindle more and more.

At least I don't get run over by 300 lb. wide eyed shoppers or get pepper sprayed by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products