U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 02:22 AM

1 posts, read 591 times

Advertisements

When I bought my car last year, the only one available at the end of the year came with an iPod interface with an MSRP of $300. I didn’t really want it, with an mp3 player in the CD deck that would’ve been good enough for someone like me who doesn’t typically like to listen to my music collection if it's older than a year.
Forward 6 months - my iPod nano got misplaced (I swear it was stolen). It's really a bugger who stole my iPod nano!!! But I got an iPhone 3G.
Plug it into the car… the charger is not compatible. Alas, considering the battery life of the iPhone, I needed a car charger for emergency use. I first looked at the Griffin options, which came to about $20. but after doing some research, I decided to give this little deal a try - a $3.79 charger from Sinamalls.
While all the basic features are there - i.e. if you plug it into the car, there’s a little light that tells you there’s power, and yes it does charge - you can really tell that this is a cheap product. Maybe because it’s very light, but it just feels cheap. Charging performance is pretty average too - after a half hour's drive, i only got about a 20% charge. Good enough to get you home, but not enough to go for a day out.
A cheap alternative for emergency charges.
This thing is dirt cheap. And since I only plan to use this in an emergency, it works great for me, and for the price they are well worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products