Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,401,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
So sorry this happened to you. I learned a long time ago that the dot coms are just knock offs-

meaning they carry the 'name' of the store but you won't get personalized service or anything else.

Many stores don't mix their dot coms with their brick and mortar stores meaning if you buy online- you have to deal with online for everything- warranty/refunds/exchanges/etc.
Yes, you are 100% right, and I had to learn this the hard way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 03:26 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,449,400 times
Close out or one of items are often sold online to dump them, when they didn't move at the store. buying something you can't see is not always a savings. I bought a straw hat, that was made so out of shape it wasn't funny.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:28 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,200,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I understand what you mean, but in this case I wasn't trying to scam them. The jacket is obviously still brand new, and it doesn't look like it had been sitting in my closet or in the bag for weeks or months. What angered me was how the manager wouldn't at least try to call customer service to see what happened. Had she done that, I think they would have resolved the issue right then.
I'm sure you weren't trying to scam them but with all of the scam artist out there they have to be careful... I don't know their online return policies but I'd bet if everything does not fall into a neat row there can be problems returning something to a store that was purchased online.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:43 PM

320 posts, read 1,067,572 times
I ordered a blanket from Overstock once and was sent the wrong color. I sent it back and got a refund. Anything you buy online and have shipped has the ability to be returned....so just follow those instructions. If you like the jacket you saw at the store better, get it and just get a refund instead of an exchange from the online system.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:24 PM

614 posts, read 1,233,444 times
Like many have said already, that's the downfall of online shopping. That's why I rarely buy items online. You don't know what you'll get. I'm sure I'm in the minority and sure that alot of people have good experience from online shopping but I rather get my lazy butt up and go to the store.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:23 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,791,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I have to wonder if someone in shipping switched the jackets on purpose.
They probably didn't have the online "doorbuster" that she ordered, and sent what they did instead. I'm wondering whether the OP will get the jacket, or if she'll get an "Oops, sorrry this item is no longer available" postcard.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:23 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,151,082 times
Macys.com's return policy states in black and white that you can return the item to the store with the original invoice and packing materials.

Customer Service - Returns & Exchanges - Macy's

Old 12-18-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Macys.com's return policy states in black and white that you can return the item to the store with the original invoice and packing materials.

Customer Service - Returns & Exchanges - Macy's
You are absolutely right, and since all I basically wanted was to exchange the wrong coat for the coat that I thought I was getting online, it just didn't make any sense for me to call their customer service department and wait on a jacket that I could have obviously gotten in the store, and for cheaper.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:33 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,151,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You are absolutely right, and since all I basically wanted was to exchange the wrong coat for the coat that I thought I was getting online, it just didn't make any sense for me to call their customer service department and wait on a jacket that I could have obviously gotten in the store, and for cheaper.
I understand; they treated you badly, I think.

Did you ever get it resolved? I am disappointed to hear about this because Macy's is one of my favorite stores.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I understand; they treated you badly, I think.

Did you ever get it resolved? I am disappointed to hear about this because Macy's is one of my favorite stores.
No, I did not. After I emailed their store on their website about this problem, Macy's.com cced it to the store manager where I had this bad customer service, and she basically said in the email that I could come in and talk to her regarding the ordeal. I emailed her back to let her know how I felt about the situation and this is what I emailed the store's manager with out a reply yet:

I appreciate the time you have taken to address my concern. My wife and I have been long time Macy customers, and we drive from the Menifee area to shop at your store. Also, Macy's is the main department store that we shop at because we like the quality merchandise your store sells as well as the fact that we have the income to shop there too. My wife only buys Mac cosmetics, Clothes, Cuisinart products, and Dooney and Bourke purses from your store, and I was just surprised to have been treated like some criminal.

I am sure that your store probably deals with people who want to exchange or be refunded for items that they clearly didn't buy at your store. But in this case, I felt that this issue should have been easily resolved simply because I had my credit card, invoice/receipt, and identification that all matched. Also, this issue could have been easily resolved by allowing me to just exchange the wrong jacket shipped to me by your wearhouse for the jacket that I wanted and found at your store.

Your floor manager who helped me should have taken the time to call your customer service department to at least verify what had happened for me, and she should have at least had the common courtesy to resolve the issue for me when I clearly asked her to do so because I wanted to still purchase that jacket right away. Also, the jacket that I picked up from your store didn't have a sensor on it, and it could have easily been mixed up with the jacket that I was returning.

I don't think I should have gone through the additional trouble by calling your customer service department and having to take the jacket to a UPS store when the jacket I wanted was at your store. With that sad, I have learned a life lesson about trying to order something online to be shipped the wrong item, and be told by one of your floor managers when I come into my local Macy's that I can't return it, even though the invoice clearly said that I could return my order to any Macy's for any reason.

I am hoping that my complaint will result in your store handeling situations like this much better in the future.I am sadden that I can't trust ordering anything from Macy's.com again or feel comfortable about shopping at your Moreno Valley store again without being treated or looked at like some criminal.

The store's manager has not replied to my email. Again, they are hoping that this situation be forgotten. Now, being a black male, it makes you go hummmmmmmmmmmmm? I hate using this race card, but in this case, it fits this situation quite well.

Last edited by antredd; 12-24-2009 at 07:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products