U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-09-2009, 12:48 AM
 
3,298 posts, read 5,357,731 times
Reputation: 1505

Advertisements

I ordered an Alfani leather jacket online on black Friday on Macy's.com. When the leather jacket was shipped to my home, I noticed that the wearhouse made a mistake and shipped me the wrong jacket. So, I visited my local Macy's store to exchange the Alfani leather jacket for another styled Alfani leather jacket that was in stock at the store.

When I tried to exchange the leather jacket, the manager told me that the upc code on the jacket that I was returning did not match the UPC code on the shipment label receipt, and that the jacket I was exchanging was coming up on the computer as not found and was less than price of shipment label's listed price.

So because of this discrepancy. The manager said that I had to return the jacket through the UPS mail, and that I couldn't exchange the leather jacket at her store.

I even asked the manager if she could call the customer service department so that we could resolve this issue faster since I really wanted this leather jacket, and she said that she couldn't call customer service herself because it would be better for me to do it as a customer in order to resolve the matter.

What I am upset about is the fact that, my ID and credit card that I used to purchase the jacket on line all matched. She even asked me if I had the credit card with me when I made the online purchase, and I said yes. She scanned my credit card to see if the leather jacket's upc code would come up as a recent purchase.

Since I came into the store to do an exchange without dealing with the hassle of mailing this jacket back to their wearhouse, I don't understand how overriding the jacket's information (that I was returning) was a problem since the UPC code on the shipment's label also matched the jacket that I wanted in the store, and it would make sense why the leather jacket I was returning would not match simply because the wearhouse just sent me the wrong jacket.

I felt like they were questioning my return as legitimate, an that I was there to get a more expensive jacket for the lesser price of the jacket that I was returning. One of the sales associates even looked at the jacket's label and your store's tickets to see if I were really returning your jacket.

To add insult to injury, the manager kept asking did I return that same jacket before because it was coming up as not found on their computer. I told her it would not come up on her computer if their wearhouse sent me the wrong jacket in the first place. The UPC code doesn't match because the wrong jacket with a different UPC code was shipped to my house.

I called their customer service department very heated and I spoke to a customer service rep, and she was very understanding and listened to my whole ordeal. She told me to leave a comment about my return experience.

I am now afraid to order anything from Macy's.com again especially if the wrong item may be shipped to my home with a different UPC code that's not matching the code on the shipment's label.

Has anyone had an experience like this with a wrong order shipped to your address with a receipt not matching the ticket's number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2009, 01:15 AM
 
Location: Texas
15,893 posts, read 15,532,068 times
Reputation: 62661
I've never ordered from Macys.com but I can safely say that I never will because of your experience. I have to wonder if someone in shipping switched the jackets on purpose.

Plus, their customer service is horrid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 01:30 AM
 
3,647 posts, read 4,802,763 times
Reputation: 5786
I have shopped at Macy's for 25+ years. After I tried several times to get even a part time job ( I have bucketfuls of retail experience, even grew up working in it), I won't buy anything from Macy's or Macy's.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 02:00 AM
 
3,298 posts, read 5,357,731 times
Reputation: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've never ordered from Macys.com but I can safely say that I never will because of your experience. I have to wonder if someone in shipping switched the jackets on purpose.

Plus, their customer service is horrid.
Thanks...and i agree with you..how in the heck can u send the wrong jacket that is supposed to be scanned and given a matching receipt with the same upc code...makes one go hummmmmmmmmmm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 01:55 PM
 
8,648 posts, read 15,471,012 times
Reputation: 4573
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I ordered an Alfani leather jacket online on black Friday on Macy's.com. When the leather jacket was shipped to my home, I noticed that the wearhouse made a mistake and shipped me the wrong jacket. So, I visited my local Macy's store to exchange the Alfani leather jacket for another styled Alfani leather jacket that was in stock at the store.

When I tried to exchange the leather jacket, the manager told me that the upc code on the jacket that I was returning did not match the UPC code on the shipment label receipt, and that the jacket I was exchanging was coming up on the computer as not found and was less than price of shipment label's listed price.

So because of this discrepancy. The manager said that I had to return the jacket through the UPS mail, and that I couldn't exchange the leather jacket at her store.

I even asked the manager if she could call the customer service department so that we could resolve this issue faster since I really wanted this leather jacket, and she said that she couldn't call customer service herself because it would be better for me to do it as a customer in order to resolve the matter.

What I am upset about is the fact that, my ID and credit card that I used to purchase the jacket on line all matched. She even asked me if I had the credit card with me when I made the online purchase, and I said yes. She scanned my credit card to see if the leather jacket's upc code would come up as a recent purchase.

Since I came into the store to do an exchange without dealing with the hassle of mailing this jacket back to their wearhouse, I don't understand how overriding the jacket's information (that I was returning) was a problem since the UPC code on the shipment's label also matched the jacket that I wanted in the store, and it would make sense why the leather jacket I was returning would not match simply because the wearhouse just sent me the wrong jacket.

I felt like they were questioning my return as legitimate, an that I was there to get a more expensive jacket for the lesser price of the jacket that I was returning. One of the sales associates even looked at the jacket's label and your store's tickets to see if I were really returning your jacket.

To add insult to injury, the manager kept asking did I return that same jacket before because it was coming up as not found on their computer. I told her it would not come up on her computer if their wearhouse sent me the wrong jacket in the first place. The UPC code doesn't match because the wrong jacket with a different UPC code was shipped to my house.

I called their customer service department very heated and I spoke to a customer service rep, and she was very understanding and listened to my whole ordeal. She told me to leave a comment about my return experience.

I am now afraid to order anything from Macy's.com again especially if the wrong item may be shipped to my home with a different UPC code that's not matching the code on the shipment's label.

Has anyone had an experience like this with a wrong order shipped to your address with a receipt not matching the ticket's number?
Yes and no problems getting it fixed...returned it to shipper NOT the store...They even shipped the correct item to me before I returned the wrong item..

I can understand why they were having a problem exchanging it at the store..

You could have been trying to scam them by exchanging something of a lower value for something better... I bet it's been pulled on them before...

I don't really mean that you were trying to scam them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 05:27 PM
 
614 posts, read 1,062,652 times
Reputation: 706
U bought it on their online store so I see no problem with having to return it to their online store. If the store had it in stock, why did you even buy it online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 PM
 
3,298 posts, read 5,357,731 times
Reputation: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Yes and no problems getting it fixed...returned it to shipper NOT the store...They even shipped the correct item to me before I returned the wrong item..

I can understand why they were having a problem exchanging it at the store..

You could have been trying to scam them by exchanging something of a lower value for something better... I bet it's been pulled on them before...

I don't really mean that you were trying to scam them..
I understand what you mean, but in this case I wasn't trying to scam them. The jacket is obviously still brand new, and it doesn't look like it had been sitting in my closet or in the bag for weeks or months. What angered me was how the manager wouldn't at least try to call customer service to see what happened. Had she done that, I think they would have resolved the issue right then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2009, 09:52 PM
 
3,298 posts, read 5,357,731 times
Reputation: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
U bought it on their online store so I see no problem with having to return it to their online store. If the store had it in stock, why did you even buy it online?
It was a $399 jacket marked down on black Friday down to $139. A good deal for a very nice leather jacket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 08:15 AM
 
1,492 posts, read 7,029,563 times
Reputation: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I ordered an Alfani leather jacket online on black Friday on Macy's.com. When the leather jacket was shipped to my home, I noticed that the wearhouse made a mistake and shipped me the wrong jacket. So, I visited my local Macy's store to exchange the Alfani leather jacket for another styled Alfani leather jacket that was in stock at the store.

When I tried to exchange the leather jacket, the manager told me that the upc code on the jacket that I was returning did not match the UPC code on the shipment label receipt, and that the jacket I was exchanging was coming up on the computer as not found and was less than price of shipment label's listed price.

So because of this discrepancy. The manager said that I had to return the jacket through the UPS mail, and that I couldn't exchange the leather jacket at her store.

I even asked the manager if she could call the customer service department so that we could resolve this issue faster since I really wanted this leather jacket, and she said that she couldn't call customer service herself because it would be better for me to do it as a customer in order to resolve the matter.

What I am upset about is the fact that, my ID and credit card that I used to purchase the jacket on line all matched. She even asked me if I had the credit card with me when I made the online purchase, and I said yes. She scanned my credit card to see if the leather jacket's upc code would come up as a recent purchase.

Since I came into the store to do an exchange without dealing with the hassle of mailing this jacket back to their wearhouse, I don't understand how overriding the jacket's information (that I was returning) was a problem since the UPC code on the shipment's label also matched the jacket that I wanted in the store, and it would make sense why the leather jacket I was returning would not match simply because the wearhouse just sent me the wrong jacket.

I felt like they were questioning my return as legitimate, an that I was there to get a more expensive jacket for the lesser price of the jacket that I was returning. One of the sales associates even looked at the jacket's label and your store's tickets to see if I were really returning your jacket.

To add insult to injury, the manager kept asking did I return that same jacket before because it was coming up as not found on their computer. I told her it would not come up on her computer if their wearhouse sent me the wrong jacket in the first place. The UPC code doesn't match because the wrong jacket with a different UPC code was shipped to my house.

I called their customer service department very heated and I spoke to a customer service rep, and she was very understanding and listened to my whole ordeal. She told me to leave a comment about my return experience.

I am now afraid to order anything from Macy's.com again especially if the wrong item may be shipped to my home with a different UPC code that's not matching the code on the shipment's label.

Has anyone had an experience like this with a wrong order shipped to your address with a receipt not matching the ticket's number?
So sorry this happened to you. I learned a long time ago that the dot coms are just knock offs-

meaning they carry the 'name' of the store but you won't get personalized service or anything else.

Many stores don't mix their dot coms with their brick and mortar stores meaning if you buy online- you have to deal with online for everything- warranty/refunds/exchanges/etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 85,098,321 times
Reputation: 18083
It is not unusual for a item to be cheaper at a companies on line store than their store front because of cost.It cost to place a item in a real store front beyond the warehousing; shipping cost of com. Surely they advised how to return the item.If thier site says you can return the item to any store for exchange or refund;you need to contact the company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:35 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top