U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 01:27 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,745,409 times

Advertisements

PayPal Alternative - Pay Pal Lawsuits, PayPal Complaints & Fraud

Did you call the credit card company and file a fraud report?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 02:42 PM

2,383 posts, read 4,566,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
PayPal Alternative - Pay Pal Lawsuits, PayPal Complaints & Fraud

Did you call the credit card company and file a fraud report?
The credit card company will not deal with the OP because to them the OP was not involved in the transaction, nor are they a customer of the cc company.

The cc company paid PayPal for this item and then PayPal in turn paid the seller. Once the cc company took the money back, PayPal just took it back from the seller.

I would hold PayPal responsible for this. They (PayPal) were contacted by the card issuer when the buyer disputed the charge with them. PayPal should have answered with a printout of the buyer's IP address, a printout of the seller's feedback page in which the buyer posted positive feedback for the transaction. I gotta believe if they did that, the cc company would have sided with PayPal and the seller would have their money.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:30 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,122,802 times
Wow, that is BS. I am about to stop using Ebay and Paypal. The Paypal buyer protection is way to easy to file. One item I sold for $200 had a Paypal claim filed on it, because they buyer said he received the package without the item. I had to refund the money, because I couldn't prove anything, and paypal put a negative balance on my account, which cut into the other items I had sold.

I also will never sell anything to people with less than 10 feedback.

Anyway, your situation is tough, and I hope it works out.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM

2,383 posts, read 4,566,214 times
It's terrible. I'm sorry you have to deal with this OP. I hope you get your money back at some point.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:19 AM

14,425 posts, read 21,250,602 times
Pitt-Cleasach is correct. I will not be given any info on anything without the police requesting the investigative report from Paypal.
I did print everything out including his full ebay ID information that you can request. The items he bid on before mine, etc...

Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM

19,899 posts, read 16,138,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I do not have the tracking receipt record. The transaction was complete and I threw it away. I moved out of state and didn't even think twice of it. Ebay deletes all messages incoming and sent in your messages every 30 days. Trust me, I scrapped it out with them. Plus, Gmail has NO customer service so I have no way of retreiving that email. I didn't print the label through Paypal as my laptop broke and my printer is not compatible with a Mac. The CC company didn't contact me. Everything was done through Paypal. This is why I need the subpena to get the records from Paypal but have no idea of what type of lawyer to contact..Civil???
I have found that keeping them well after the transaction cannot hurt, i have a file for them. Never know when something as this will happen.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 AM

Yes I normally do that but again, I had to move out of state and ended up throwing them out because the transaction had been fully completed..Oh well..Just going to get him legally...

Old 01-10-2010, 12:32 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 7,588,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I had sent an email to the chief of police advising of the situation. He called me back and said yes it is a crime and that a detective would contact me Tuesday. Now I can get the reports from Paypal and start my small claims court lawsuit!!! Yeah for me!!!!
Well that's good news, hope it goes well. However, I will let you know that it's possible for a cardholder to dispute credit card charges if there is no signature for the charge. So in the future you may not wish to take credit card payment for people without much feedback. I always pay by bank transfer through Paypal.

In a previous company, a "customer" bought over $2000 of product using a credit card. Later they claimed they did not order and had the card company reverse the payment. Because there was no signature, we had no proof to the credit card company that the person authorized the order. The credit card company sided with the customer.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Just to do some updating: I have been dealing with a awesome detective in the PD over in CA!! He has been by the house and has left cards. Someone is taking them yet not returning calls. Plus he finally got the paperwork from Paypal and it shows an IP addressed used at the aunt's house for two purchases made that day-one being mine. So there is definiate proof that someone in that family purchased my stuff and is claiming they didn't. I was told I cannot open a small claims court lawsuit until the criminal investigation is complete. I'll keep you guys posted and am soo happy that this is being investigated. However, I just sent in my second payment to paypal to cover my negative balance..BS!!!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:30 AM

1,830 posts, read 4,815,813 times
Just wondering... did you contact USPS at the facility where you bought the postage/mailed the parcel? They should have the tracking information on file and can check by date since you don't have the number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products