U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM

14,425 posts, read 21,256,581 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post it on but I didn't see anything else that would come close.

Quick background: I have a seller account at 439 100% feedback. I sold a rare Louis Vuitton purse and wallet on 7/20/09 for $610.00 to a customer with 6 feedback. They paid me immediately and I was uneasy in the first place but they paid right away and was confirmed address. It was shipped priority mail via USPS and I emailed the tracking number via Ebay messages. They received the item as they left me positive feedback and I double checked via usps. (bad on my part) but I ended up throwing away the tracking receipt as transaction was completed and I had to move out of state. Well in 9/20 (60 days later) the buyer now says they never purchased the item and put a dispute in. Paypal immediately reversed it in my favor as they proved it was done from their home IP computer address. Then the buyer put a dispute in with CC and the CC sided with them so my account is negative $610.00. Paypal is threatening me with collections. Now because I didn't have tracking number I have no ground to stand on even though they left me feedback and it was proven purchased through their IP address. Plus I was not the only transaction done that day or that week. It doesn't help that the person I ended up speaking with is the father of the ebay account holder and doesn't speak good English. Had email conversations through a Chinese translator service. Plus Ebay deletes all messages after 30 days so I really have no records nor can I find it in my Gmail account which is always copied in my Ebay messages!!!!

So I'm going after this person civilily but I need the investigation records from Paypal showing they proved it was from the home computer via IP address. BUT I need a subpena but have NO IDEA of what kind of attorney to approach. Has anyone been through this and can give me any advice???

I"m so friggin frustrated I swear!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM

15,893 posts, read 15,536,185 times
I would call the American Bar Association and ask for a referral.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:48 PM

279 posts, read 566,662 times
Did you print out the label online through ebay? If so you should have a record of it in your seller account.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:50 PM

279 posts, read 566,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I would call the American Bar Association and ask for a referral.
I think small claims court would likely be the way to go, though you'd have to go there. A lawyer fees could easily exceed the amount.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:45 PM

No, not through Paypal as I normally do..(long story)

I would definately go to CA for this..I'd just make it a vacation with that day in there. No lawyers needed once I get the info from Paypal. Just small claims court..

Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 PM

19,899 posts, read 16,141,963 times
Hate to burst your bubble where Paypal is concern, but you have no proof of the tracking receipt record, this is not good. Do you happen to have by any chance the Ebay message with the tracking number on it anywhere. Don't count on Paypal for help in this case. Please put in your descriptions Sorry but if you have less then 25 feedbacks, you cannot bid on my items, that is what my daughter says and i also. Did you do the label thru paypal, shouldn't they have record of it. You may just have to seek council on this one, for time has past by. Doesn't paypal have the tracking info if you got the lable thru them. I am trying to think how to help you, but i believe too much time has now past.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:21 AM

2,383 posts, read 4,567,151 times
When the CC company contacted you during the dispute, did you send them a copy of your feedback page with their positive comment?

Sorry you are going through this. What a nightmare.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:08 PM

I do not have the tracking receipt record. The transaction was complete and I threw it away. I moved out of state and didn't even think twice of it. Ebay deletes all messages incoming and sent in your messages every 30 days. Trust me, I scrapped it out with them. Plus, Gmail has NO customer service so I have no way of retreiving that email. I didn't print the label through Paypal as my laptop broke and my printer is not compatible with a Mac. The CC company didn't contact me. Everything was done through Paypal. This is why I need the subpena to get the records from Paypal but have no idea of what type of lawyer to contact..Civil???

Old 01-07-2010, 12:00 PM

I had sent an email to the chief of police advising of the situation. He called me back and said yes it is a crime and that a detective would contact me Tuesday. Now I can get the reports from Paypal and start my small claims court lawsuit!!! Yeah for me!!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:12 PM

2,383 posts, read 4,567,151 times
Print your feedback pages and highlight the one from the buyer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products